• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS (3/22/19)
2 2

292 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

No, I am just sick of the silly tearing down of films even before they come out. Or in this case, the details started leaking out how this was tampered with due to the acquisition. So it makes it VERY EASY for the already-negative to pile on even more and dance around the campfire.

If that's funny, then I guess I'm laughing. But not, as now we have another wasted comic book film due to studio tampering. That to me is a huge missed opportunity.

I see what you mean because I guess the New Mutants movie might be harmed now.

Well, I will watch them both. I really want them to be both decent. :wishluck:

take care, CC

25 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

thanks for the list and ranking ! i have seen most of the early ones as a kid ,,, some of them at the drive in ...

:foryou:

It's such a fun franchise to enjoy. Though many of the films did not age well. Still...we get films like this.

GMK_DVD.jpg.2f12ec7686cc23fa7cb6c58e958ab006.jpg

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Marvel dominates and wins

In my defense.

They are the top movie brand though. It`s like if I want chocolate and in a rush I will pick Hershey because I know it`s good.

Usually when I see Marvel that means the movie will be decent, and not a bad experience.

12 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In my defense.

They are the top movie brand though. It`s like if I want chocolate and in a rush I will pick Hershey because I know it`s good.

Usually when I see Marvel that means the movie will be decent, and not a bad experience.

Okay.

44 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In my defense.

I agree

12 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

No, I am just sick of the silly tearing down of films even before they come out. Or in this case, the details started leaking out how this was tampered with due to the acquisition. So it makes it VERY EASY for the already-negative to pile on even more and dance around the campfire.

If that's funny, then I guess I'm laughing. But not, as now we have another wasted comic book film due to studio tampering. That to me is a huge missed opportunity.

Do you know how you negate this?

By making a decent movie.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do you know how you negate this?

By making a decent movie.

Not so easy when Disney wanted to boost the results of your beloved Captain Marvel, and as the acquiring company (pending) started inserting managing executives to overlook production.

11 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In my defense.

Lmfao, what!? Hershey is awful, my man! It's like the Kraft Singles of "chocolate"!

Also, not exactly true:

• The Incredible Hulk is basically garbage.
  • Iron Man 2 is kinda 'meh'.
  • I love Thor, but many don't.
  • The First Avenger gets shrugged off because of its story-heavy plot development.
  • A lot of people hate Iron Man 3.
  • Age of Ultron isn't highly-regarded by most people.
  • Civil War is just not good.
  • GotG Vol. 3 is also garbage.
  • Captain Marvel kinda sucks.

So... Yeah... No guarantees...

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Not so easy when Disney wanted to boost the results of your beloved Captain Marvel, and as the acquiring company (pending) started inserting managing executives to overlook production.

I'm hoping to the god that doesn't exist that this is sarcasm...

23 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Lmfao, what!? Hershey is awful, my man! It's like the Kraft Singles of "chocolate"!   ✔️

Also, not exactly true:

• The Incredible Hulk is basically garbage. ✔️ I did think it was somewhat fun back then.
  • Iron Man 2 is kinda 'meh'.  ✔️
  • I love Thor, but many don't. ✔️
  • The First Avenger gets shrugged off because of its story-heavy plot development. ✔️
  • A lot of people hate Iron Man 3. ✔️
  • Age of Ultron isn't highly-regarded by most people. ✔️
  • Civil War is just not good. I liked it.
  • GotG Vol. 3 is also garbage. Not really remembering it so well so... maybe ✔️?
  • Captain Marvel kinda sucks. ✔️

So... Yeah... No guarantees...

29 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I agree, that a handful of years ago I recall not hating The Incredible Hulk (but just re-watched it in April), and I do enjoy Civil War up until the meaningless airport battle. Civil War does not live up to its billing, though, in name or inspiration. It also makes The Winter Soldier less special in the overall scope of the MCU by Bucky being "not the only winter soldier" (though that movie is fantastic nonetheless). I like the direction and visuals. I hate the storytelling.