• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS (3/22/19)
2 2

292 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’ve never read the Civil War storyline so that probably helped in my enjoyment of the movie.

100%. Lucky for you. lol

Regardless of the comics, I hate the, "are we still friends?"; "depends on how hard you hit me" and "if you need me I'll be there", and the general pointlessness of the heroes fighting each other. There were no stakes despite being mislead otherwise.

Vision and Scarlet Witch could literally end the battle when it begun. That's how stupid the entire thing is. The acting is great, the humor is great, the intros for Black Panther and Spider-Man are great. Everything else is pretty much the pits.

As much as everyone wants to claim that Luthor's plan in BvS is flawed - he relied on much less coincidence than Zemo did. Zemo's plan is so bad. I cannot believe it 'worked' and it 'worked' for some audiences.

rantrant/end

..not to derail the Thread even further but want to jump in here:

Before we grow up and garner a more critical approach to our mindless entertainment,  superrhero comic books in particular will always have one drawing factor in particular: wondering who is the big guy on the block. Part of the wonder in them when you're 8 years old (or fill in your own age here :D) is who could take who in a fight, even though they are all on the same side.

Tell me the disfunctional aspects to their super hero stable isnt a major factor of what helped Marvel take the lead from DC during the 60's. 

That brawl in Civil War was fan service to the 8 year fan in all of us, and in my mind it pulled if off with flying colors. The highlight of the film for me still. 

Infinity War was WAY superior to Endgame, BvS is underappreciated oh and a return to our regularly scheduled programming:

#longlivethekingofthemonsters 

Edited by sagii

8 minutes ago, sagii said:

...That brawl in Civil War was fan service to the 8 year fan in all of us, and in my mind it pulled if off with flying colors. The highlight of the film for me still. 

...BvS is underappreciated oh and a return to our regularly scheduled programming:

To each their own. I would say that Civil War doesn't solve any "who would win" puzzles, though, because everyone simply held back until Iron Man vs The Serum Bros.

Yes and yes.

I'd say that KotM further begs the question of "why are they even doing a Godzilla vs Kong movie?" Godzilla went freaking thermonuclear. He could just atomic breath Kong's eyes out.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Also, not exactly true:

• The Incredible Hulk is basically garbage.
  • Iron Man 2 is kinda 'meh'.
  • I love Thor, but many don't.
  • The First Avenger gets shrugged off because of its story-heavy plot development.
  • A lot of people hate Iron Man 3.
  • Age of Ultron isn't highly-regarded by most people.
  • Civil War is just not good.
  • GotG Vol. 3 is also garbage.
  • Captain Marvel kinda sucks.

I loved them all except one.

The only one that bored me was Age of Ultron. After seeing that I did get super hero fatigue. I felt ripped off!

Thank god the Russo Brothers came along to make the Avengers cool again.

btw wasn't the same director of Age of Ultron the same director who did BvS?

I sense a pattern there in that the same director of Avengers Age of Ultron continued their bad mojo on BvS.

CC

On 8/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

To each their own. I would say that Civil War doesn't solve any "who would win" puzzles, though, because everyone simply held back until Iron Man vs The Serum Bros.

Yes and yes.

I'd say that KotM further begs the question of "why are they even doing a Godzilla vs Kong movie?" Godzilla went freaking thermonuclear. He could just atomic breath Kong's eyes out.

Basically the whole Godzilla vs King Kong thing is to keep both ips in tune with modern audiences. Will it be a great movie? Most likely mediocre, but the King Kong vs Godzilla movie will get some publicity and reboot both franchises for the new crowds.

There is a lot of money to be made off of Godzilla and King Kong ips merchandise. If they don't keep them in the spotlight they will fade like Flash Gordon,Doc Savage, Buck Rogers and The Shadow.

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I sense a pattern there in that the same director of Avengers Age of Ultron continued their bad mojo on BvS.

CC

I think you meant 'same director of JUSTICE LEAGUE'.

And it was the big tampering of the Marvel Creative Committee at that point. Joss Whedon even said afterwards he needed a break from Marvel when it was done - then recanted this afterwards that he would love to do another Marvel film. But it was the first big indicator there were issues between the film creators and the MCC. Then came the Edgar Wright situation with Ant-Man.

How this is all coming out in a Godzilla thread must demonstrate the depth of emotions KotaM brought out in movie-goers. Which means Oscars later on. Right?

:insane:

On 8/17/2019 at 10:48 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

No.

No.

NO.

Joss Whedon, the guy who directed The Avengers (and :censored:ed up Justice League), directed Age of Ultron.

How dare you.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Correct.

You have to update that template before you post such comments.

:baiting:

Just kidding with you. It was funny as it came across as a case of 'insert DC film name here' response.

:insane: