• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS (3/22/19)
2 2

292 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Supposedly Godzilla (2014) was 9:56 minutes total of screen time. So on the lower end of film appearances. I still watch it from time to time.

Godzilla2014.thumb.PNG.5b487d45fc11303dfdac81635ae49e8d.PNG

Crazy how low the numbers are overall. Godzilla 2000 does have a lot (watched it twice over the past few months), but it's still not as good as Giant Monsters All Out Attack. Need to watch Godzilla vs Biollante soon. 

19 minutes ago, october said:

Crazy how low the numbers are overall. Godzilla 2000 does have a lot (watched it twice over the past few months), but it's still not as good as Giant Monsters All Out Attack. Need to watch Godzilla vs Biollante soon. 

The guy that does all this analysis is definitely a Godzilla fanatic.

Godzilla Updated Charts: Screen Time, First Appearance, Attendance

He even did analysis by fight lengths in Godzilla films. Unfortunately, Godzilla (2014) is at the bottom of the list with that one.

Godzilla_clashes01.PNG.b7a0ef247b30fdc7ba7a67b0ce6d08a1.PNG

Comparing Screen Time to Rampages and Clashes

Sometimes Godzilla is on screen but he really isn't doing much, other times other kaiju are present and causing destruction, or battle Godzilla. This chart is a bit subjective to what is considered rampage or a clash. If city destruction is going on, or battling the military, it is consider a rampage. Clashes are of course when kaiju battle, the clock starts when they initiate an attack. The chart is presented twice again, once in minutes, the second in percentage.    

Just saw it. It was OK but I was a little disappointed. It was definitely better than Godzilla (2014).

Spoiler

My biggest complaint was both Godzilla 2014 and 2019 are both set at night most of the time whenever there is a monster. Too dark! It sort of reminded me of GOT- Battle at Winterfell but not as bad.

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Just saw it. It was OK but I was a little disappointed. It was definitely better than Godzilla (2014).

Reveal hidden contents

My biggest complaint was both Godzilla 2014 and 2019 are both set at night most of the time whenever there is a monster. Too dark! It sort of reminded me of GOT- Battle at Winterfell but not as bad.

I always go into these types of movies with only the expectations of a proper spectacle. If they manage to go beyond that then I chalk it up as an extra. Basically the only reason I made it through the entirety of Kong: Skull Island.

Edited by RedRaven

Critics may not be overly happy with knowing the motivation of the monsters through the human cast portrayals. But it seems many viewers are liking it, despite the dark scenes and overly light story.

Though PS is the EiC of JoBlo Reviews.

13 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I absolutely love Godzilla films, but this was perhaps one of the worst movies i've seen in awhile.  :(

I'm still trying to process the entire mess, on exactly how it could have ended up being such a boring and bland film. 

I didn’t hate it as much as you but yes my mind did wonder through the movie to other things. You have to admit it was better than Godzilla 2014!

Edited by Xenosmilus

12 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I absolutely love Godzilla films, but this was perhaps one of the worst movies i've seen in awhile.  :(

I'm still trying to process the entire mess. 

Similiar to a local Canadian newspaper review. Instead, I :nyah: re-watched Pacific Rim (2) Uprising on dvd to get my fix of kaiju vs Jaegars stomping around coastal cities.

13 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

You have to admit it was better than Godzilla 2014!

Honestly, If I had to choose I might just say 2014 was better, if ONLY just because it left me wanting to see more - whereas this one made me not want to see another movie :)  

Edited by Sauce Dog

3 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Honestly, If I had to choose I might just say 2014 was better, if ONLY just because it left me wanting to see more - whereas this one made me not want to see another movie :)  

The first 2 times I watched Godzilla 2014 I fell asleep. I didn’t fall asleep through this one therefore subconsciously I must think it was better :roflmao:

15 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Pacific Rim... :sick:

Pacific Rim 2 is actually more entertaining than I realized. I saw it at the theater and felt it was okay - not great. Watched it again a few months later, and wasn't sure why I didn't react more positive the first time.

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Pacific Rim 2 is actually more entertaining than I realized. I saw it at the theater and felt it was okay - not great. Watched it again a few months later, and wasn't sure why I didn't react more positive the first time.

I think it's awful.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Pacific Rim 2 might be the worst movie I have seen in recent memory. :(

I watched it along with Rampage, and when THAT film looks good in comparison...

Edited by october

49 minutes ago, october said:

Pacific Rim 2 might be the worst movie I have seen in recent memory. :(

I watched it along with Rampage, and when THAT film looks good in comparison...

Hey now...George wouldn't like that.

emotion01.gif.87c3177f87b086c72e02f4a1f0c975b7.gif