• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Dillon has died.

42 posts in this topic

RIP Steve.

I wanted to meet him at London Comic Con back in February, but his line was crazy for both days, as he very generously insisted on sketching for everybody who wanted one. I decided against queuing for him as I was pushed for time, and so never met him. I really regret that now.

Celebrated Preacher and Hellblazer artist Steve Dillon has died.

Met him a few times - a very nice bloke. I'm gutted. :(

He`s one of the few artists I`ve ever met, and I totally agree--a very nice guy.

Loved his work on Hellblazer and Preacher.

This news came out of nowhere. Very sad. RIP. :(

We had the privilege of having Steve do a signing at our shop on FCBD this year.

He was utterly charming and a consumate professional on the day and seemed genuinely humbled by the enthusiasm and appreciation showed by the fans that were in attendance.

A great artist and lovely man.

So sad to hear this news.

RIP sir.

Very sad news.

First encoutered his art as a 10 year old in 2000AD probably around 1982 - in Mean Arena - then Judge Dredd - then Rogue Trooper

Warrior & Miracleman fans: Steve was the cover artist for Warrior no.1 - he also contributed the first published image of Warpsmith & Big Ben on the rear cover of Warrior no.3

Also drew part of "The Yesterday Gambit" which included the future version of KM

From Warrior 1

Warrior%201%20signed_zpsb8kyjv8w.jpg