• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Wolverine 10 (Sabretooth vs Wolverine) lose a lot of steam?

47 posts in this topic

Bill Sienkewicz cover. Very 80s.

The book did seem to be much hotter in the 90s when Iron Fist 14 took off.

I _love_ this book and its story is one of the strongest of the early Wolverine run.

(I'd go with issues 9, 10, 24, 25 & 34 -- all of which are stand-alones.)

Also, it turned out to be an important story, as it's the first chronological meeting of Wolverine & Sabretooth, the explanation of why they're enemies, and the first appearance of Silverfox.

Unfortunately, any movie hype connected to the issue is played out, as Sabretooth's appeared in two films already and the Silverfox / Sabretooth story was told in the abominable X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I was thinking the same thing to myself recently. In the 90's this book was extremely popular and in a higher demand than it seems to be today. I can remember the comic stores were charging a pretty penny and they must be crazy. Anyway its a great story , cool cover and one that I will hold on to. Wolverine vs Sabretooth- you cant go wrong

If they can get him up to par with what he is supposed to be. A homicidal unstoppable maniac.

While I didn't mind the story arc that happened in Xmen during the 90's with his "therapy", they really ruined his reputation with the whole Birdy thing.

Meanwhile in CO

mhc.jpg

It's the 90's all over again !

to be fair, these MH prices are lower than they used to be also.

to be fair, chuck can't go around lowering prices when demand goes down. it would be too much work. his program works only one way. up.

plus, lowering means he might miss an opportunity if a book bounces back. better keep it at 10-15X FMV and hope.

I feel like this book used to be more in demand. ?

The book did seem to be much hotter in the 90s when Iron Fist 14 took off.

It's a lot easier and cheaper to get now than in the 90's for sure

That's the problem with hot Moderns from a valuation point of view.

Similar to new cars, generally they all tend to depreciate in value as time goes on. :tonofbricks::(

Forgive my ignorance, but didn't Sabretooth die awhile ago?

I thought -- like Microchip -- he wasn't active in current Marvel continuity.

Correct. That's the main reason I passed on a 9.0 slab here for sale. I really tried to make myself buy it, but I don't know how relevant he is these days,

Forgive my ignorance, but didn't Sabretooth die awhile ago?

I thought -- like Microchip -- he wasn't active in current Marvel continuity.

Correct. That's the main reason I passed on a 9.0 slab here for sale. I really tried to make myself buy it, but I don't know how relevant he is these days,

didn't he make an appearance in a recent deadpool, where he is riding a motorcycle and deadpool puts a cable across the road and sabretooth nearly splits in half??

and he was on the variant cover of a deadpool....?

I thought he died in wolverine 55 or 65 but came back to life in like 300 along with mystique...?

Maybe I need to catch up on my reading, but if both him and wolverine are both "still dead" then I smell conspiracy.... lol

:popcorn: When and how did he die? I don't pay attention to storylines after '98 or so lol

From Marvel Wiki

Wolverine decided that it was finally time to put an end to Sabretooth and approached Cyclops, asking for the Muramasa Blade. After mentally showing Emma Frost all the atrocities Sabretooth had committed, Cyclops consented and gave the sword to Wolverine. Wolverine chased the rabid Sabretooth down and used the sword to slice off Sabretooth's arm. Sabretooth attempted to reattach it, but due to the Muramasa blade's ability of nullifying healing factors he was unable to and left vulnerable. Wolverine offered Sabretooth one last chance to stop him, but Sabretooth, fighting his programming, managed to say "Do it" and Wolverine seemingly ended their long feud by decapitating and killing him. Sometime after Sabretooth's death, Professor X revealed to Wolverine that before he recruited him, Sabretooth was his first choice to be a member of the X-Men.

Of course that ended up being a clone so...............