• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 31-September 3, 2017 Toronto, ON
2 2

356 posts in this topic

On 2017-03-28 at 10:21 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

I know many people have been waiting years for this to happen:

JIM LEE

Will there be a CGC SS option with Jim Lee?  Any on-site grading from CGC in this respect?

No CGC on-site grading in Toronto, it's just not going to ever happen.

So like in Dallas, there will be 2 packages. This seemed to have confused some folks... Jim Lee has a specific fee for graded collectibles.

So one package will be for regular autographs (items not for grading).

The other package will be for items that are being graded / Signature labels. This will include the fee required for such items.

4 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

No CGC on-site grading in Toronto, it's just not going to ever happen.

So like in Dallas, there will be 2 packages. This seemed to have confused some folks... Jim Lee has a specific fee for graded collectibles.

So one package will be for regular autographs (items not for grading).

The other package will be for items that are being graded / Signature labels. This will include the fee required for such items.

When will the package be announced/on sale and will there be any other packages announced in the near future? As well, will Jim be signing regardless of the package? I assume the package gives you front of the line? As well, will VIP also give you front of the line for Jim? Lastly will he be involved in a sketch duel and which days will he be present?

Will Adam Kubert be coming this year?

Yes there will be other packages, for other guests, but guests need to be announced first.

Yes, he will be doing a public signing.

No, Ultimate Jim Lee signing is in a private room. Front row for his panel, but not his public signing.

Yes, VIPs get front of the line at public comic signings.

No he will not do a sketch duel and will not be sketching at all when he is here.

Days at the show TBD by his schedule.

Watch for guest announcements for the comic section re: Adam Kubert.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Doubtful. It would be sweet tho!

This is fan expo number 5 in a row for me I think. haven't seen marvel or dc yet. 

There were some awesome smaller publications there last year tho. It's always nice even if he's not there to have the J scott campbell store, but having Action labs and Aspen and zenescope was pretty sweet. Tonnes of exclusives! 

7 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Doubtful. It would be sweet tho!

This is fan expo number 5 in a row for me I think. haven't seen marvel or dc yet. 

There were some awesome smaller publications there last year tho. It's always nice even if he's not there to have the J scott campbell store, but having Action labs and Aspen and zenescope was pretty sweet. Tonnes of exclusives! 

They were present a couple of years ago.  I know C2E2 has them.  I loved marvel giveaway hour or the DC booth signings.

It's been five years now since either has had a booth presence in Toronto. And neither DC or Marvel has a booth at C2E2 according to the publishers listed on their website.

If it could be worked out, we'd love to have them back on the floor, but there are logistical issues. More likely you will continue to see Marvel and DC at the event doing programming, doing portfolio reviews, et al.

And, as you know, we do exclusives with both companies that we sell at the Fan Expo Store booths.

9 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

It's been five years now since either has had a booth presence in Toronto. And neither DC or Marvel has a booth at C2E2 according to the publishers listed on their website.

If it could be worked out, we'd love to have them back on the floor, but there are logistical issues. More likely you will continue to see Marvel and DC at the event doing programming, doing portfolio reviews, et al.

And, as you know, we do exclusives with both companies that we sell at the Fan Expo Store booths.

Logistical issues? Sounds like we have outgrown MTCC and need a bigger venue like the Ex. 

fxc17-banner-300x250.gif

COMIC GUESTS - Wave 1

SCOTT SNYDER - All Star Batman, Dark Nights: Metal

GREG CAPULLO - Batman, Reborn, Dark Nights: Metal

TOM KING - Batman, The Vision

JASON FABOK - Batman, Justice League

ADAM HUGHES - Betty and Veronica

JOHN BOLTON - Master Illustrator - RARE NORTH AMERICAN APPEARANCE

TONY MOORE - Walking Dead, Deadpool

ERIC POWELL - The Goon

MIKE ZECK - Legendary Artist

KEVIN MAGUIRE - Guardians of the Galaxy