• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom 1:1000 Variants

44 posts in this topic

Yes, you want a real variant cover? Get McFarlane to MAKE one. This recycled BS is just that, BS

Oh, why didn't I think of that. His last sketch only went for $1,600. Guess I'll start checking the couch cushions now.

Lummox. Talking about Marvel getting him to make one. Sounds to me they just found some back work of his and put stupid holofoil around it.

Yes, like McFarlane would work with Marvel again. :makepoint:

Yes, you want a real variant cover? Get McFarlane to MAKE one. This recycled BS is just that, BS

Oh, why didn't I think of that. His last sketch only went for $1,600. Guess I'll start checking the couch cushions now.

Lummox. Talking about Marvel getting him to make one. Sounds to me they just found some back work of his and put stupid holofoil around it.

Yes, like McFarlane would work with Marvel again. :makepoint:

(shrug) Money's money. Could happen

Marvel couldn't make enough money off a variant cover to make that happen. Not only is Todd part owner of a competing publisher, but they didn't part on good terms.

I really, really can't get over how it has to be the ugliest cover in a long time. It beats that weird Star Wars variant with the white background that looks like it was drawn by a 10 years old.

But congrats on the sale!

Yeah, that really is hideous. I realize people are gonna collect what they like, but if this thing was $2, would anyone want it? Man alive.

Yeah, that really is hideous. I realize people are gonna collect what they like, but if this thing was $2, would anyone want it? Man alive.

word on the street...

It's a prismatic foil effect card stock cover....

Still generic looking, but I think it's going to be a bit more pleasing to the eye...

You'll all want one.

Are you mad because nobody has bought your copies yet.........?

Not at all...

I ordered 4k.

sold three of the 1/1,000

I'm bulletproof. I gave away a case of regular 1's with ea one.

I'll STILL have 3,000 extra 1's...

It's stupid.

Honestly wouldn't get involved if fans didn't ask.

That's the part you guys are missing.

people. ask. for these.

Stop buying them, companies will stop making them.....

I agree with Larry on this one. It's the one difference between the 90's and now. Inflated orders aren't hoping to be offset by being bought by speculators. Selling the ratio variants pay for the majority of the inflating of the orders. Stop buying the stupid (and in this case, bad) variants, and they'll stop making them.

That still doesn't make this book any less hideous. But there's no accounting for taste.

word on the street...

Still generic looking, but I think it's going to be a bit more pleasing to the eye...

You'll all want one.

I don't collect Venom or McFarlane, so I wouldn't have any use for one. If someone GAVE it to me, sure I'd take it...so I could sell it ASAP.

word on the street...

You'll all want one.

I don't collect Venom or McFarlane, so I wouldn't have any use for one. If someone GAVE it to me, sure I'd take it...so I could sell it ASAP.

Annnd you just hit the nail on the head:

Venom

McFarlane

Two blue chip categories in modern comic collecting.

Ugly but tough to get...

Always gonna be a market.