• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toronto ComiCON - March 17-19, 2017 presented by Fan Expo Canada
1 1

80 posts in this topic

:bump: @Iceman399 @old_dano 

It was pretty scary at dinner tonight. A knife fight nearly broke out at the restaurant. Two kids both pulled knives out but thankfully cooler heads prevailed. My Lord, it was a tense moment. :eek: 

5 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

:bump: @Iceman399 @old_dano 

It was pretty scary at dinner tonight. A knife fight nearly broke out at the restaurant. Two kids both pulled knives out but thankfully cooler heads prevailed. My Lord, it was a tense moment. :eek: 

Yikes, what kind of restaurants do you hang out at?

Don't expect fireworks like that in Calgary....

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

Hi Andy

Did you sell a comic or two that you were suprised to sell?

Nothing really surprising. 

I have sold a whack of dollar books, $3 books, modern hot books, a large batch of Golden Age sub-mariners, a ton of trade paperbacks, and a great deal of slabbed books. Some cheaper, some pricey. 

This is a show that is a big success because a fair amount of everything is moving. 

Well, I'm done, home, unloaded and tired.

I wanted to personally thank @thirdgreenham @old_dano for the dinner event gala last night.  I would also like to thank all of those who stopped by and chatted, purchased, poked fun or even just waved.

@Kevin Boyd thanks for all of your behind the scene work for this con.

Highlight was hanging out with Ray Park.  Guy is a blast!

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

someone should post a wall shot from the con .........

and be careful not to get busted photographing a hot cos-player from behind !

Although my wall display changed every day, here are a few shots of it just after opening on friday. 

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

I'm still a bit wiped out from the weekend, but I thought it went swimmingly!

Guests were happy, only one major cancellation at the last minute (Trevor Von Eeden).

Dealers were giving me mixed results but you know what made me happy about the vendor areas I was in? COMICS, everywhere comics. Cheap ones, expensive ones, graphic novels and books.... and people were going through boxes, looking at the walls and making deals. Makes me very happy - and at my table I sold a lot of oversized DC and Marvel hardcovers, I liquidated the majority of my store stock of Pop Vinyls (freedom!) and made an end of show deal that moved out a bunch of statues that I've been bringing back and forth to shows for a couple of years now. We also had an original art and print devoted table (shared as part of All New Comics) and I sold some great pages and prints on site.

8 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I'm still a bit wiped out from the weekend, but I thought it went swimmingly!

Guests were happy, only one major cancellation at the last minute (Trevor Von Eeden).

Dealers were giving me mixed results but you know what made me happy about the vendor areas I was in? COMICS, everywhere comics. Cheap ones, expensive ones, graphic novels and books.... and people were going through boxes, looking at the walls and making deals. Makes me very happy - and at my table I sold a lot of oversized DC and Marvel hardcovers, I liquidated the majority of my store stock of Pop Vinyls (freedom!) and made an end of show deal that moved out a bunch of statues that I've been bringing back and forth to shows for a couple of years now. We also had an original art and print devoted table (shared as part of All New Comics) and I sold some great pages and prints on site.

:applause: