• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I opened an eBay store.

14 posts in this topic

Now that I'm retired, time to start selling chit.

I currently have 48 items for sale, prior to opening the store. I get 250 BINs and 250 Auction listings free. My question is if I convert a current BIN to an auction, is that one of my free auction listings or do I pay a fee to switch it?

Switching from a BIN to an auction will qualify as an auction.

I think he's asking if, by switching from one to the other, is he using another one of his free listings, or does it still count as the initial listing, just changed from BIN to auction?

I am pretty sure it will count toward your BIN # and also your auction #. I think in order to switch from a BIN to an auction, you'd have to end the BIN listing and then re-list it as an auction (rather than just being to revise the listing into an auction, you'd have to end it and then re-list it). Pretty sure, but I've never done it before, so I could be wrong -- but typically eBay is stingy with these sorts of things, so I'd lean toward them counting it twice!

I just did this exact thing. Ended a couple of BINs and relisted them as auctions. I couldn't find a way to simply revise them to auctions. Of course, I'm very Ebay-challenged, so there very well could be a way to do it.

I think he's asking if, by switching from one to the other, is he using another one of his free listings, or does it still count as the initial listing, just changed from BIN to auction?

Yes, counts as both. Once you list it as a BIN, it counts against the 250 BINs/month. Then, when you change it to an auction, it counts against the 250 auctions/month.

I don't have a store but if you edit the auction, it will tell you if there is a fee or not. You can try to edit it and see if a fee is calculated on that screen before hitting enter. Now does it count as another listing is a question I cannot answer.

If you have something else that you want to sell as a Buy it now-- you could edit the listing to the new book (or whatever the item is) and make a new listing for the book you want to auction. That lets you keep the original offer as a free submission.

Sometimes I have mistakenly listed a book twice-- as an auction and also as a buy it now-- if one of them gets activity (a sale or a bid), I can edit the other existing one to something else to save that free listing slot.

Yes, counts as both. Once you list it as a BIN, it counts against the 250 BINs/month. Then, when you change it to an auction, it counts against the 250 auctions/month.

When I look at store options, I get this:

"Basic Store

Available Plans

Yearly Subscription*

$19.95 per month

Monthly Subscription

$24.95 per month

An entry-level solution for sellers who want an online store with lower listing fees than non-store fees

Insertion fee

First 250 listings free** per month

your selling limits apply

Subscription features

Low listing fees

Sales Reports Plus

Selling Manager "

Where are we getting 250 BINs AND 250 auctions? (Rather than just 250)

Because, frankly, if it was 500 total for $19.95/$24.95 a month, I'd probably go for it rather than getting a free 50 and then waiting around for more free listings every 4-6 weeks and then never having time to use more than a few of them.

The next store level is 1000 listings.

Or are my store options different than those presented to other people due to seller status or whatever?

eBay gives you 50 free auctions a month, but when you have a basic store, they bump that promotional offer to 250/month. So, in essence, you get 250 fixed price listings as well as 250 auctions each month.

IIRC, the premium store gets 1,000 of each per month.

Plus, you still get the other promotions, for example, I got free 1,000 fixed price listings of 30 day duration or more for 10 days.