• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop using photobucket, try these instead

42 posts in this topic

I've seen alot of people complaining about photobucke lately, so here's two more modern websites to use instead.

My favorite is www.flickr.com, it's used for high quality/uncompressed photography sharing by most people. Photos can be viewed all on one giant endless-scrolling page. Also offers seperate folders. Here's an example. https://www.flickr.com/explore

www.imgur.com started off as an upload spot for sharing meme's and jokes, but if you create an account you can also keep multiple folders the same way photobucket does. Here's an example.

Both are great, depends what you prefer - either way I'd recommend either of these over most other image hosts.

Flickr is my favorite by a far margin, I'm not sure why imgur would be blocked unless it was for the humor aspect. Flickr is great for doing whatever you want with it, though.

I've been experimenting with Flickr and think it works really well. It seems like the images are true to the originals when I post them, even when they're resized.

But a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to get the BBCode for multiple images without clicking on each image separately? When I post scans of multiple books here on the boards, I've had to copy and paste each BBCode separately.

2. Is there a way to get rid of the flickr signature without manually deleting it? I get a signature like the example below whenever I post an image.

ASM75 by Ghost Town, on Flickr

I've seen alot of people complaining about photobucke lately, so here's two more modern websites to use instead.

My favorite is www.flickr.com, it's used for high quality/uncompressed photography sharing by most people. Photos can be viewed all on one giant endless-scrolling page. Also offers seperate folders. Here's an example. https://www.flickr.com/explore

www.imgur.com started off as an upload spot for sharing meme's and jokes, but if you create an account you can also keep multiple folders the same way photobucket does. Here's an example.

Both are great, depends what you prefer - either way I'd recommend either of these over most other image hosts.

Thanks for posting this. I'm absolutely fed up with that steaming pile of poop aka photobucket. I know it's free, but it should put that in a logo. "We're free because we're she-ite"

Thanks for posting this. I'm absolutely fed up with that steaming pile of poop aka photobucket. I know it's free, but it should put that in a logo. "We're free because we're she-ite"

As a follow up, I signed up for an imgur account, and it's great. Bye bye photobucket. Thanks to the OP for bringing this up. (thumbs u

:applause:

Are there any hosting sites that keep consistent URLs for each uploaded image like photobucket does?

For example after uploading 2 pictures I like having the location URLs to look like this:

www.photobucket.com/folder/summer2016/image1.jpg

www.photobucket.com/folder/summer2016/image2.jpg

I'm finding most all generate a random URL for each upload which adds some extra steps for some things I do with the images.

Thanks,

Ken

Last time I had serious issues with PB, I signed up for imgur -- which immediately crashed. So, I guess I'm sticking with PB in the -- probably vain -- hope that they eventually get their act together or get taken over by a company that can do a better job of serving their user base.