• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHERLOCK HOLMES 3 starring Robert Downey Jr (2018)
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Warner Bros. and Team Downey Set Writers’ Room for ‘Sherlock Holmes 3’

Robert-Downey-Jr-as-Sherlock.jpg

Sources tell Variety that Warner Bros., Village Roadshow and Team Downey have selected a writers’ room that includes “Guardians of the Galaxy” scribe Nicole Perlman, “Baywatch” scribe Justin Malen, “Rogue One” writer Gary Whitta, “Tomb Raider” Geneva Dworet-Robertson and “Snowden” screenwriter Kieran Fitzgerald to help shape the -script and story for next installment.

The previous two films both brought in more than $500 million worldwide. The threequel has always been a priority for the studio but Downey’s schedule has been busy considering his commitment to playing Tony Stark (Iron Man) in the Marvel universe.

Downey is attached to star and Jude Law, who played Watson in the previous pics, is also expected to return. Guy Ritchie, who directed the first two films, is expected to return to direct.

Susan Downey, Dan Lin, Joel Silver and Lionel Wigram are attached to produce.

The writers room concept first commonly used in TV, has become a trend more studios are using for films, especially when it comes to shaping universes. Paramount set one up for “Transformers” and Universal is doing something similar with their classic monster universes.

This is a rare case in which a room is being set up for just one film. However one source said that in this case it makes sense to gather a good group, rather than have several writers rewrite or polish, which happens to films often in the development process.

Please be good!

:wishluck:

Sources tell Variety that Warner Bros., Village Roadshow and Team Downey have selected a writers’ room that includes “Guardians of the Galaxy” scribe Nicole Perlman, “Baywatch” scribe Justin Malen, “Rogue One” writer Gary Whitta, “Tomb Raider” Geneva Dworet-Robertson and “Snowden” screenwriter Kieran Fitzgerald to help shape the -script and story for next installment.

The previous two films both brought in more than $500 million worldwide. The threequel has always been a priority for the studio but Downey’s schedule has been busy considering his commitment to playing Tony Stark (Iron Man) in the Marvel universe.

Downey is attached to star and Jude Law, who played Watson in the previous pics, is also expected to return. Guy Ritchie, who directed the first two films, is expected to return to direct.

The writers room concept first commonly used in TV, has become a trend more studios are using for films, especially when it comes to shaping universes. Paramount set one up for “Transformers” and Universal is doing something similar with their classic monster universes.

This is a rare case in which a room is being set up for just one film. However one source said that in this case it makes sense to gather a good group, rather than have several writers rewrite or polish, which happens to films often in the development process.

Please be good!

well, the first two were beyond excellent.

Please be good!

well, the first two were beyond excellent.

Agreed I thought they were awesome. I waited a long time for this third one. I am looking forward to it.

Robert Downey Jr. Still Looking to Make 'Sherlock Holmes 3'

robert-downey-jr-sherlock-holmes-1089279

Asked by the mag what's next following epic two-part Marvel Studios blockbusters Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4, an always-in-demand Downey pointed to a busy itinerary:

"First of all the missus is front and center with Joe Roth producing Doolittle," Downey said of The Voyage of Doctor Doolittle, Universal's new adaptation of author Hugh Lofting's famed tales. "I’m having a good time, though I decided to give myself, like, 40 additional challenges, like a Welsh accent — which even Welsh people say is hard to do."

"Then there’s all this stuff down the pike," Downey added. "We’re looking at another Sherlock Holmes, we’re developing Perry Mason for HBO. I still want to do Pinocchio."

The actor is behind the Team Downey production company with wife Susan Downey and David Gambino.

Despite his Marvel workload, Downey has been tentatively attached to star as Geppetto in a live-action adaptation of the Pinocchio fairy tale, and the Sherlock Holmes threequel was reported to still be a "top priority" for Warner Bros. despite Team Downey parting ways with the studio late 2016.

The wife and I will be seeing this at the cinema, unless Dune beats it to the gate, it will probably the first movie I'll have seen in the theatre since Force Awakens at the IMAX.

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I wonder with RDJR now doing Sherlock Holmes does this mean he is now done with Iron Man, so he can now concentrate on this Sherlock Holmes?

hm

SH3 was supposed to happen in 2018. I imagine the 2018 Avengers 3 & 4 shooting schedule killed that. So maybe it was just getting through that back-to-back sequel schedule.

19 hours ago, RedRaven said:

Am I the only one who liked Sherlock 2?

:foryou:

I just didn’t like it, couldn’t put my finger on it. Just no where near as good as the first.

25 minutes ago, bane said:

I just didn’t like it, couldn’t put my finger on it. Just no where near as good as the first.

First one was a classic, but by the time 2 came out he became the Sherlock for this generation.

image.jpeg.4297796d97231e4d3de12dd62e4f88ab.jpeg

so A game of Shadows got compared to Sherlock making it seem worse than what it was.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur