• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Were there a price variant of Dell Giants?

28 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, CanadianGothic said:

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but your assumption they are Canadian is not correct.

In 1957-58 Dell released a number of their comics with a 15c cover price instead of the usual 10c cover price. These were test market prices and were sold in Arizona, California and Nevada.

They did the same with Dell Giants with a 30c cover price instead of a 25c cover price.

Source?

On 1/30/2019 at 12:31 PM, CanadianGothic said:

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but your assumption they are Canadian is not correct.

In 1957-58 Dell released a number of their comics with a 15c cover price instead of the usual 10c cover price. These were test market prices and were sold in Arizona, California and Nevada.

They did the same with Dell Giants with a 30c cover price instead of a 25c cover price.

I collect Turok, Son of Stone and issues 7-12 issued over this time period come in both 12 cent and 15 cent versions .  So that's six 15 cent issues that were published not the 4 as indicated on the Dell blogspot.

Edited by pemart1966

On 1/31/2019 at 10:38 AM, jaeldubyoo said:

The reason I asked about the price in the indicia is that the Marvel price variants have a different cover price than the price in the indicia.

The covers on my above mentioned Turoks are 15 cents only - printed directly on the cover.  I pulled out the #12 and there's no indication in the indica (I'm taking that to mean the information at the bottom of page 1) regarding prices for single issues.  The only price mentions are for subscriptions.