• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay eliminates view by Number of Bidders filter??

10 posts in this topic

So sometime last week, Ebay eliminated the option to view by Number of Bidders. This was only available when you first filtered Auction format, but it was the way I preferred to go through listings.

You can go to Advanced Search Options and Filter by of bids with a range of 0 to 999, but this does not accomplish the same results.

Wondering how everyone else performs their searches on Ebay --?-

This effects not only me as a buyer, but also how I will be planning to list books in the future

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated!

I filtered the same way but hadn't realized they got rid of it. Can't say I'm happy about that at all.

I also liked how you used to be able to click on "Comics" and it would just show you all the items in the whole category. Then I'd filter by auction and number of bids.

Now when you click the comics category, you're forced to pick a sub category, character etc to eventually get a list you can filter. Unless I'm missing something :frustrated:

So sometime last week, Ebay eliminated the option to view by Number of Bidders. This was only available when you first filtered Auction format, but it was the way I preferred to go through listings.

Why would they remove that?

It was a lot of fun to search by "most bidders" to see what was hot each week.

Yes it was inexplicably removed...

I've just started using this one, lists bids & watchers

Watchcount

Lyria Comic Exchange

Fixed that for you. We still allow people to search on most active! (aka watchers).

And we let you search recently sold comics too! Watchcount? pbbbt. :grin:

I've always used the filter for # of bids in the following way:

-Filter it by "number of bidders from 1 to (blank)" (i.e., show only items with bids on them).

Then I sort by high to low down to a certain level, and I sort by newly listed for Golden Age to see the newest GA books with bids on them. I miss certain things (mainly things with high opening prices, which only receive a single snipe bid at the end), but I catch most things this way and it eliminates the massive amount of (mostly) overpriced BIN listings. Sorting by most # of bids could be kind of manipulated (same person bids 100 times in $1 increments) and wouldn't necessarily be the most popular item, but it's still annoying that they keep removing stuff like this.