• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alamo City Comic Con -- October 26-28, 2018
3 3

124 posts in this topic

New dates in the Spring on Memorial Day weekend. Now only two weeks after Comicpalooza (assuming they don't follow the trend of moving earlier in the year too!) and much closer to Fan Expo. Not sure who'll have money left for ACCC.

Not digging this new trend of big Texas shows radically changing their dates on the fly...

New dates in the Spring on Memorial Day weekend. Now only two weeks after Comicpalooza (assuming they don't follow the trend of moving earlier in the year too!) and much closer to Fan Expo. Not sure who'll have money left for ACCC.

Not digging this new trend of big Texas shows radically changing their dates on the fly...

Ditto. Im spending a lot for Dallas Comic Show and Hughes in Feb. Then, Im going to ECCC early March. I was planning to buy a VIP pass for Fan Expo Dallas, but might not be able to afford it now. They havent announced guests yet.

If it were in the summer, the coffers would have been replenished. ;)

Terrible date imho. Texas Frightmare a month before, Comicpalooza 2 weeks before...now I'm glad Fan Expo Dallas moved out to March.

They moved it because they wanted the whole convention center so they better fill it up or something.

Terrible date imho. Texas Frightmare a month before, Comicpalooza 2 weeks before...now I'm glad Fan Expo Dallas moved out to March.

They moved it because they wanted the whole convention center so they better fill it up or something.

The show seemed a lot smaller in 2016 in terms of square footage, and while it was quite full on Saturday it didn't seem ridiculous. Moving the show out of the Fall so they can take over the entire convention center is shooting themselves in the foot, in my opinion. It is going to torpedo their vendors, and I'll imagine their guest list will suffer as well due to more competition. I'm quite concerned about this year's version, and I am 99% certain we will be passing due to the date change.

Maybe they will do that horror show they did last year in october?

I know they did one in January but no clue on how well it did, but now we have no big show in Texas in October, considering the October Fan Days show keeps getting lower numbers every year.

Ticket prices have gone way up, was considering this show but not any longer. I recommend trying the Phoenix show the same weekend.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how they justify a $100 three day pass and a $57 Saturday ticket. That's a lot of money (especially two weeks after Comicpalooza down the road in Houston).

I think they're sharing the weekend with Megacon too.