• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The road to Xavier's school. by TheHainted

6 posts in this topic

This Journal will be to document my journey to complete a volume 1 X-Men collection.

Hello,

I have decided to document my journey as I try to collect a complete set of X-Men volume 1. I guess history will be the best place to start, like most of us I spent a lot of time reading comics growing up in the 80s. I raided the spinner racks every time we went to our local grocery store. The trip that sealed the deal and made me a real comic fan was the day I found Uncanny X-Men #210. The menacing looking group looking for a fight....I had to get in on that. After that I collected through my teens and never really stopped reading different titles but somehow dropped the X-Men from my have to reads. Now many years later I am going to focus and build that full run collection I always daydreamed about as a kid.

1st piece was recently purchased at a local comic shop from the back issue boxes which are almost all priced at $1.00. It is Uncanny X-Men #214. I saw this as a good sign seeing as how my love for the X-men started within a few issues of this one. This weekend should lead to a comic trip as I have 4 within 20 minutes of each other and my house. More X-Men goodness to come.

See more journals by TheHainted

Wishing you the best on your X-Men journey!

I am working on building up one of the world's finest sets of X-Men #94-#143! It's going to take a while, but it's a beaitiful thing to have acquired some of the world's finest X-Men issues of the Bronze Age run!

I just recently won a copy of X-Men #103 CGC 9.8 WP and X-Men #109 CGC 9.8 WP, which I am super excited to add to my set after I finish paying them off! :-)

The best experience is finding high-grade raw copies for cheap prices and submitting to CGC to land a 9.6 or higher!

Have fun searching your local Comic Shops, etc.! hope you find some hidden jewels!

-Professor Pecora

Newest pick up for my slowly growing collection. X-Men number 15. Decent shape and was priced right. I had to go for an old one. In the past I may get a few early 100s and then stop and sell off. I want this one to be for the long haul.

<a  href=xmen_zpsfxdqfm5u.jpg' alt='xmen_zpsfxdqf

New additions!

I did get side tracked with a Werewolf by Night #1 that was CGC graded last week but it is a display piece so it does not count :). I picked up these yesterday ( pics will be added):

Uncanny X-men #251, 234, and......210! The book that started it all for me with the X-men. Collection is growing slowly.