• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Updated: Bedrock City Texas Triangle Comic Art Gatheringing Report!

59 posts in this topic

Howdy,

starting a new thread for those that read the Comicpalooza thread:

Mr. Bedrock, of Bedrock City has graciously offered to host the first Texas Triangle Comic Art gathering to show/buy/sell/trade comic art.

Similar in scope to the local gatherings that have occurred on the East and West Coast- it's time the great state of Texas did the same- so we hope to make it a regular thing and rotate Houston-San Antonio/Austin for starters.

Where: Bedrock City Comics: (Westheimer location)

Westheimer Store

6516 WESTHEIMER RD SUITE D

Houston, TEXAS 77057

Hours: 12:30-5pm

Phone: (713) 780-0675

So far, we have:

Richard Evans- Mr. Bedrock (duh!)

PR Churchill (tentpeg06): CAF Gallery

Roger K (WeirdPaper): CAF Gallery

My Name is Legion: CAF Gallery

Alex Johnson : CAF Gallery

Igotnoname (Will T) CAF Gallery

Tom Coker CAF Gallery

The Blot

Artist Mark A. Nelson WILL attend- I spoke to him at Alamo City Comic Con, and he's very interested.

Mark's Website

in the previous thread- there seemed to be interest from the following boardies: Chris Cooper,Tokay.

Anyone else?

Updated with those confirmed so far....

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

Let me know if there is anything else I can do or have ready. I'll have drinks and the space. We have a great pizza place next door. So if there are any other suggestions just let me know.

Richard

I'll definitely be attending. Looking forward to it. Should also be dragging Tom Coker along as well.

CAF link in my signature.

:headbang: great! Glad you're bringing Tom- haven't seen him since we went to Guero's for Mexican food after Wizard World 4-5 years ago with Richard and Roger and Abel.

I went through our calendar for Saturday and there's no way I'm going to make this one -- bummer.

My kids have 3 events and we have a social engagement that evening.

I hope it goes well and everybody has a good time. If we would like it to rotate, I would volunteer to help organize for Austin.

Edited by Trev

I went through our calendar for Saturday and there's no way I'm going to make this one -- bummer.

My kids have 3 events and we have a social engagement that evening.

I hope it goes well and everybody has a good time. If we would like it to rotate, I would volunteer to help organize for Austin.

Trev,

I'm sorry to hear you can't make it- but we kinda got a late start promoting this- I think the election sucked up a lot of people's time and energy- but we are hoping to make this a rotating thing, and we could always use help with a host Texas city- Austin or San Antonio would be the next likely destinations- so hopefully we will have more details after this weekend on future efforts.

I would very much like to attend something like this in the future. I'd be a fly in guest but I'm sure that's not an issue.

If this goes off rather well, think this could be planned a few months in advance and maybe be an annual or semi-annual event?

Absolutely, and apologies we didn't get the ball rolling sooner to give people time to book travel if flying in - are you in Texas? I know if anyone is in the Dallas/FW area it's little more of a trek to drive. So far we don't have any known collectors in our little circle in the Dallas/FW area (but I'm sure they are there) New Orlean's is also not too far from Houston, so we could draw some regional guys.

Trev,

I'm sorry to hear you can't make it- but we kinda got a late start promoting this- I think the election sucked up a lot of people's time and energy- but we are hoping to make this a rotating thing, and we could always use help with a host Texas city- Austin or San Antonio would be the next likely destinations- so hopefully we will have more details after this weekend on future efforts.

Sounds like fun, when is the Ohio/midwest rotation?

I would very much like to attend something like this in the future. I'd be a fly in guest but I'm sure that's not an issue.

If this goes off rather well, think this could be planned a few months in advance and maybe be an annual or semi-annual event?

Absolutely, and apologies we didn't get the ball rolling sooner to give people time to book travel if flying in - are you in Texas? I know if anyone is in the Dallas/FW area it's little more of a trek to drive. So far we don't have any known collectors in our little circle in the Dallas/FW area (but I'm sure they are there) New Orlean's is also not too far from Houston, so we could draw some regional guys.

I'm not in Texas (in South Carolina) but getting to TX wouldn't be a problem. Would be fun for sure.

Just let us know a bit in advance. NOLA would be awesome as well!

So far we don't have any known collectors in our little circle in the Dallas/FW area (but I'm sure they are there)

Tom Coker lives up there most of the time...and he will be attending!

ALCON:

I am a GO. I have a couple of questions:

1. Do we want come type of theme?,

2. If Richard can place the order, then I recommend that each attendee bring $10 to support with a pizza display and to help Richard with the drinks. How does everyone feel with this recommendation?, and

3. All attendees must have fun. There is no question to ask about this one.

Looking forward to this one.

Ciao!

PRC

PS - any Dallas or Louisiana collectors coming?

Just got off the Phone with Artist Mark A Nelson of Aliens, and TSR fame, and he's a go for tomorrow, and he's going to bring a variety of pieces of his own work, as well as things he's picked up from other artists and collected over his career. Mark's a great guy to talk to, and it's going to make the afternoon that much more fun. :banana:

Here is the attendance list as far as I know it:

Richard Evans- Mr. Bedrock (duh!)

PR Churchill (tentpeg06): CAF Gallery

Roger K (WeirdPaper): CAF Gallery

My Name is Legion: CAF Gallery

Alex Johnson : CAF Gallery

Igotnoname (Will T) CAF Gallery

Tom Coker CAF Gallery

The Blot

Artist Mark A. Nelson WILL attend-

Mark's Website

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION