• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Rarest Comic Book?
3 3

191 posts in this topic

Aventura%20295_zps8yx6wrgt.jpg

Woody

I joined the boards for serious discussions on comics not this kind of thing. I'm logging off.

Aren't you being a little heavy-handed when you bark at us like that?

Maybe I did go off a bit half-cocked.......

THE Holy Grail for Spawn collectors.

Rumored print run of less than 60. Most of them are beat to :censored: for some reason. Only 16 total on the census and only six in 9.8 blue (highest graded examples). These numbers have been stagnant for the last 3 or 4 years, and I personally don't think we'll see anymore come out of the proverbial woodwork.

Uber hard-to-find and very, very expensive if you do.

I'm the proud owner of this copy...

Spawn%20185%20Sketch%20Cover%20F_zpse7im55sc.jpg

Not sure how rare it is, but one of my favorite pieces is a copy of a Heroic Comics #29, dated March of 1945: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEROIC-COMICS-29-REAL-LIFE-COMICS-20-/361426081979?hash=item5426ac58bb:g:VaMAAOSwQoFWQOax

So cool holding a piece of history that is from a completely different time and era. Who knows, maybe the original owner of mine was a GI.

In 1964, Gilbert Shelton (who is more widely known as the creator of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers) made 50 photocopies at the University of Texas Law Library and distributed them on campus. By far, the rarest underground comic in my personal collection.

166000.jpg.eaa1ef74f8e1e573cb40a18e83f8a2ce.jpg

Don't have anything in the ultra rare category as my older books are lower grade, but for difficulty to get another (in spite of being a modern), probably would be this:

Wolverine #145 Nabisco CGC 9.8 5xSS, 5 Signatures; Stan Lee, Herb Trimpe, Bill Sienkiewicz, Dexter Vines, Len Wein

(picture is the sellers from a couple years back, dont have access to my own pictures on my work computer)

Sweet Nabisco CBT! :hi:

Who has "the image" to share with the rest of us?

Flee?

I know that Dale has been trying to eradicate it since it first appeared.

Impossible. It can never be unseen.

On this we agree

I've got people scouring the country to try to "talk" to him about this.....