Marvel Australian Price Variants
6 6

309 posts in this topic

108 posts
2 hours ago, Shawn Low said:

Thought you guys might be interested in seeing an image of this one. There's been lots of chatter about it existing but no one's seen it etc etc.

Picked it up yesterday. :banana:

IMG_3620.JPG

Niiiice, That's a great find. :golfclap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904 posts

@nesqrick2 Did you ever compile lists of titles and issue numbers?

Seeing as the ASM, Thor and SS runs have been documented, I thought I would start by listing out titles I've seen with Aus variants and extrapolating dates from the documented runs to come up with issue numbers. Perhaps you could help? Below are the titles I've seen either here, online or in person: any chance you could have a look through and add anything I missed? Thanks!

image.png.c2ccdf7bc3154cd41b53da91d4fbe418.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108 posts
1 hour ago, Shawn Low said:

@nesqrick2 Did you ever compile lists of titles and issue numbers?

Seeing as the ASM, Thor and SS runs have been documented, I thought I would start by listing out titles I've seen with Aus variants and extrapolating dates from the documented runs to come up with issue numbers. Perhaps you could help? Below are the titles I've seen either here, online or in person: any chance you could have a look through and add anything I missed? Thanks!

image.png.c2ccdf7bc3154cd41b53da91d4fbe418.png

 

 imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

  You can add Infinity Wars (1992) 1-6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904 posts
1 hour ago, nesqrick2 said:

  You can add Infinity Wars (1992) 1-6 

Thanks. 

I also have a vague recollection of buying a copy of the final issue of Transformers as an Aussie variant. I'll dig it out next week and post a pic. When I confirm that, I'll pop that on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108 posts

Tried for six month to find number#1, but no go, if you look at the issue 2 and 3 they have the same date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,646 posts
4 minutes ago, nesqrick2 said:

Tried for six month to find number#1, but no go, if you look at the issue 2 and 3 they have the same date.

Oh yeah!  The US versions are July and August respectively. That's odd. Sure #1 will show one day :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,086 posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-98-Vol-1-CGC-9-0-Australian-1-50-Variant-Extremely-Rare-Deadpool/202435605759?hash=item2f221a34ff:g:ECIAAOSwLAhbme6t

For those trying to value their Australian Newsstand keys.... NM 98 CGC 9.0 at $1600.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,646 posts
On 9/30/2018 at 4:22 PM, nesqrick2 said:

will CGC this one soon

 

Great stuff nesqrick! :headbang:

If you don't mind me asking, how many AUS issues do you have now? Must be nearly all of them! I still plan to get around to mapping them all on a spreadsheet - the dual month copies make it awkward but I have a plan. It would be good to know how many copies should exist, based on plotting the ASM date ranges against all titles published. Not sure if anyone has done that already / before? hm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108 posts
7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

Great stuff nesqrick! :headbang:

If you don't mind me asking, how many AUS issues do you have now? Must be nearly all of them! I still plan to get around to mapping them all on a spreadsheet - the dual month copies make it awkward but I have a plan. It would be good to know how many copies should exist, based on plotting the ASM date ranges against all titles published. Not sure if anyone has done that already / before? hm

 

I have 400+ AUS comics now, I will scan Iron-man and Captain America AUS issues soon. all the AUS copy that you see fit into the AMS date range. :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,646 posts
1 minute ago, nesqrick2 said:

I have 400+ AUS comics now, I will scan Iron-man and Captain America AUS issues soon. all the AUS copy that you see fit into the AMS date range. :headbang:

:headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
6 6