Marvel Australian Price Variants
6 6

334 posts in this topic

9,874 posts
24 minutes ago, nesqrick2 said:

More like pure luck, took over a year to find. :bigsmile:

at least after a year you rattled the cage! Goooooaaaal!!!

740k.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,885 posts

I wonder why they bothered. Do they have Aussie geared ads inside. Why not just have it understood that you add 50 cents to the US price. I am going to assume the Australian market is smaller than Canadian just because Canadians are such rabid enthusiasts and Australians are so busy fighting post apocalyptic biker gangs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,892 posts

Morning :)

I've made a start on logging what AUS price variants exist for Marvel, using the same approach, files and capture spreadsheet that I have for documenting pence variants. 

The spreadsheet looks like this (a work in progress):

aus.thumb.PNG.82e6863f62992bc180ede46a604d5255.PNG

 

...and each book I find an image of will live in a folder like so:

aus1.thumb.PNG.e8e816770794780d250512bedcc25a36.PNG

 

It will take some time to populate it all. We know when they started, and when they ended. So I will need to capture every title Marvel produced during that time frame. Once complete, it should show us:

  1. How many titles exist within the anticipated date range of Jan 1991 - Nov 1996 inclusive
  2. Whether they have AUS copies
  3. How many AUS copies exist vs the volume of comics within the date range
  4. Gaps (it looks like all books stopped at March 1994 / restarted in February 1996 for example)

I've added where the months have two copies - Early / Late etc. Not all books followed that format, and its interesting to see how it unfolds as the sheet gets populated.

I'm going to spend some time on ebay Australia, and other sites. I've added every book posted here and will add any more as they are posted.

Dive in guys, if you have anything to add :headbang:

@nesqrick2

@Shawn Low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108 posts
9 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Morning :)

I've made a start on logging what AUS price variants exist for Marvel, using the same approach, files and capture spreadsheet that I have for documenting pence variants. 

The spreadsheet looks like this (a work in progress):

aus.thumb.PNG.82e6863f62992bc180ede46a604d5255.PNG

 

...and each book I find an image of will live in a folder like so:

aus1.thumb.PNG.e8e816770794780d250512bedcc25a36.PNG

 

It will take some time to populate it all. We know when they started, and when they ended. So I will need to capture every title Marvel produced during that time frame. Once complete, it should show us:

  1. How many titles exist within the anticipated date range of Jan 1991 - Nov 1996 inclusive
  2. Whether they have AUS copies
  3. How many AUS copies exist vs the volume of comics within the date range
  4. Gaps (it looks like all books stopped at March 1994 / restarted in February 1996 for example)

I've added where the months have two copies - Early / Late etc. Not all books followed that format, and its interesting to see how it unfolds as the sheet gets populated.

I'm going to spend some time on ebay Australia, and other sites. I've added every book posted here and will add any more as they are posted.

Dive in guys, if you have anything to add :headbang:

@nesqrick2

@Shawn Low

I think that it for the listing, i will post of what i have of captain america and iron man, they are getting harder to find. Great work :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108 posts
19 minutes ago, nesqrick2 said:

I think that it for the listing, i will post of what i have of captain america and iron man, they are getting harder to find. Great work :headbang:

The uncanny x-men and X-factor annual and x-men 2099  have the AUS price 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,892 posts
11 hours ago, nesqrick2 said:

The uncanny x-men and X-factor annual and x-men 2099  have the AUS price 

Cheers Ness. I'm only going to include them on the spreadsheet when I have a picture though - otherwise we lose track. So post pics please if you have them! :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,892 posts
2 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm happy to own this one

image.jpeg

Nice isn't it. But it's a reprint, not a first printing price variant. You knew that though I'm sure. Still nice either way. What does the splash page look like PPP? Never seen inside one  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094 posts
5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice isn't it. But it's a reprint, not a first printing price variant. You knew that though I'm sure. Still nice either way. What does the splash page look like PPP? Never seen inside one  :)

Yes I knew but just love the cover,  I want to get my hands on a ASM 194 as well

When I dig it up I will take a few pics for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,892 posts
1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Yes I knew but just love the cover,  I want to get my hands on a ASM 194 as well

When I dig it up I will take a few pics for you 

Good man, do (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108 posts
On 11/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Cheers Ness. I'm only going to include them on the spreadsheet when I have a picture though - otherwise we lose track. So post pics please if you have them! :headbang:

Here are the AUS annual copy, to add to the list. (thumbsu

img626.jpg

img627.jpg

img628.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,892 posts
1 minute ago, nesqrick2 said:

Here are the AUS annual copy, to add to the list. (thumbsu

Thanks Nes - I've been busy with other variants lately but will add these to the files and try to get back on the AUS hunt soon :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108 posts
15 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Thanks Nes - I've been busy with other variants lately but will add these to the files and try to get back on the AUS hunt soon :headbang:

there more (thumbsu

img629.jpg

img630.jpg

img631.jpg

img632.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
6 6