• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Australian Price Variants
7 7

648 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Cool. That September 96 X-Men is a late one - one of the last few months before the AUS single priced issues stopped. I found the later copies of ASM really difficult to find. It took me years to build the ASM run. I would imagine it would take forever to try and find every AUS issue for every title. A Herculean task that would be....

they are hard to find. what do you think of this one?

img254.jpg

img256.jpg

Edited by nesqrick2

18 hours ago, nesqrick2 said:

they are hard to find. what do you think of this one?

img254.jpg

img256.jpg

I don't know too much about Spawn and Image to be honest, but I can appreciate what is likely to be a hard to find AUS price variant. Nice book @nesqrick2 !

18 hours ago, nesqrick2 said:

Got a little more to show.:headbang:

img252.jpg

img253.jpg

sweet fancy moses that iron man is expensive

7 minutes ago, revat said:

sweet fancy moses that iron man is expensive

It is an anniversary issue you know :headbang:

7 hours ago, nesqrick2 said:

Got some more AUS price Variant to show 9_9

img280.jpg

img281.jpg

img282.jpg

img283.jpg

img284.jpg

img285.jpg

Very nice @nesqrick2. Alas, I'm all out of likes again. So I will just have to like them spiritually :cloud9:

I have to say, this is an amazing thread. I lived in Australia for over a decade and honestly didn't see many of these (granted I wasn't looking very hard).

I've only bought ASM #361 Aus Variant and missed out an a NM #98 variant.

Great work!

Now, to chime in on the value of these... the closest example would be the Pence variants. Printed at the same time as the US issues, exactly the same book except for the pricing on the cover. Pence books routinely go for +/-30% of their US counterparts despite the smaller print run (call it 'rare' if you want). This applies even for keys.

My take is that the majority of the comic book collectors are US-centric: heck the population of the US is 300 million vs 65 million in the UK. The market has spoken: collectors favour cents copies. I think that equipping people with better knowledge of foreign price editions/variants will help increase demand and in turn, price...but ultimately, cents copies will still be the yardstick by which prices are set.

Edited by Shawn Low

4 hours ago, Shawn Low said:

I have to say, this is an amazing thread. I lived in Australia for over a decade and honestly didn't see many of these (granted I wasn't looking very hard).

I've only bought ASM #361 Aus Variant and missed out an a NM #98 variant.

Great work!

Now, to chime in on the value of these... the closest example would be the Pence variants. Printed at the same time as the US issues, exactly the same book except for the pricing on the cover. Pence books routinely go for +/-30% of their US counterparts despite the smaller print run (call it 'rare' if you want). This applies even for keys.

My take is that the majority of the comic book collectors are US-centric: heck the population of the US is 300 million vs 65 million in the UK. The market has spoken: collectors favour cents copies. I think that equipping people with better knowledge of foreign price editions/variants will help increase demand and in turn, price...but ultimately, cents copies will still be the yardstick by which prices are set.

I think just like anything else, collect what you like.  And you gotta understand the market without judging it if you want to make money.

Not an asm, but I randomly found this one while i was preparing for a sale, one is US, one is AUS

IMG_9320.jpg

3 minutes ago, nesqrick2 said:

Aus price variant9_9

img294.jpg

img295.jpg

img300.jpg

img297.jpg

Lovely condition @nesqrick2 - where are you getting these from!

Anyway, I think I'm designating this as your thread now. Keep going buddy - you're the boards go to AUS man :headbang: