• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylites2 bag and board question

16 posts in this topic

My collection is bronze. My comic long boxes are the standard kind found at any LCS.

What size of bags and boards to get?

Any alternatives to using scotch tape to tape flap closed? Taking tape off tends to rip bag.

Again, thanks

Does anyone use the 1 mil Mylites? Picked up several hundred without realizing how thin this material really is. Would they be ok for issues that may stay in long box for a long period of time without being handled?

I have a line on several thousand 1 mil Mylites, but there does not appear to be much of a demand for them. They cost about 2/3 the cost of the M2s. I figured the majority of collectors would use them for uniformity in their collection in runs that otherwise did not require the expense of M2s.

A minority would use them for double bagging higher $ books in a 4 mil Archive

Do the Mylites2 Bag and board fit into a conventional comic-book long box?

Thanks in advance.

700M2 Current and 725M2 Standard fit into conventional comic-book long or short boxes

775M2 Silver and Golden age do NOT fit in conventional comic-book long or short boxes

This pretty much.

The 775's fit exactly in the Collection Drawer boxes (the sides of the bags hit the walls on the box). The drawer boxes also have enough clearance for open-top Archives.

However, the BCW short boxes I've used are a bit narrower and shorter. I think they'd be able to fit 7 1/4 - 7 1/2" but no bigger and they're a bit too short for open-top Mylar Archives.

The Acid-Free boxes from E. Gerber will fit Silver/Golden Mylites4 and Archives (775M4 & 775R) but they're pretty pricey.

Does anyone use the 1 mil Mylites? Picked up several hundred without realizing how thin this material really is. Would they be ok for issues that may stay in long box for a long period of time without being handled?

They work just as well as thicker Mylar in terms of environmental protection. Obviously, they don't provide as much protection for handling. I got a 100-pack bag of Mylites+ (1.42 mil) and they were just too thin and crinkly feeling. Seems strong enough as I've yet to have one tear. However, for the minor price difference (~$0.01/bag for packs of 200-1000, ~$0.02-0.03/bag for smaller quantities), I decided to just standardize on Mylites2. To me, they just feel better.

mylites suck - I pitch every one that I get in.

Liplock 4 life :headbang:

Yes - I suppose they are about as enjoyable as condoms...., :think: