• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC, The Only Slabbing Service Allowed Within The Walls Of C2E2/ECCC Until 2020

283 posts in this topic

The more onsite grading and shows that CGC attends, exclusively or otherwise, seems to just result in slower and less in-house grading being done on books already waiting in Florida.

Those lengthy turn-around times from doing more shows and exclusivity agreements might just help CBCS in the long run hm

xxx ooo

Rupp

I think it's great that Cgc will continue to grow and increase tat times

?

I offered to open up a NYC branch for them and speed up TATs. For some reason Harshen does not respond to my crudely drawn blueprints made with crayon and construction paper. :shrug:

Just to be clear, the two day Virginia Comic Con in Richmond, held October 29-30, was a two day show with huge attendance. They had an exclusive grading company there - no other grading companies were permitted to be there.

It wasn't CGC.

I don't remember a whole lot of bleating about it on this board, and on the OTHER board, there was a great deal of chest thumping.

I can't seem to find anything on this. Exclusive or were they just a sponsor and CGC didn't go

I found nothing on exclusivity so I asked across the street. The Virginia Comic Con DOES state that CBCS is the "Official Grading co. of VACC!" but nothing on it being exclusive.

Just to be clear, the two day Virginia Comic Con in Richmond, held October 29-30, was a two day show with huge attendance. They had an exclusive grading company there - no other grading companies were permitted to be there.

It wasn't CGC.

I don't remember a whole lot of bleating about it on this board, and on the OTHER board, there was a great deal of chest thumping.

I think both moves are equally lousy. I like a healthy competition. It's good for collectors.

?

Don't worry Adonis will be here to defend how onsite grading makes them grading books faster than the machines being in the office shortly.

Someone seriously chose "Adonis" as their board name? lol

It wasn't CGC.

Yep, that's the one I was thinking about :thumbsup:

Wait until Tampa signs on as the exclusive grading company of Wizard World. Not the on site exclusive, but THE exclusive. Nothing personal. Just business.

Make 9.5 Great Again!

We're gonna build a yuge, beautiful inner well and make CBCS pay for it!

HAHAHAHAHA lol

?

Don't worry Adonis will be here to defend how onsite grading makes them grading books faster than the machines being in the office shortly.

Pretty sure it's his real name too.

Here is my take on this.

This is actually quite insightful...

NYCC is a Reedpop event.

CGC never does onsite grading at NYCC.

Voldemort does not do onsite grading at NYCC.

None of this impacts any of us that go to NYCC.

I only go to NYCC

This does not impact me.

Viva la New York...

It wasn't CGC.

Yep, that's the one I was thinking about :thumbsup:

I was racking my brain on that one - thought it was one of the Indy shows.

?

Pretty sure it's his real name too.

Oh. That's less funny.

?

I offered to open up a NYC branch for them and speed up TATs. For some reason Harshen does not respond to my crudely drawn blueprints made with crayon and construction paper. :shrug:

Only because you forgot to add glitter glue.

I wonder if there would be the same "uproar" if CBCS had done this? I think their fanboys would applaud such a "smart business move".

CBCS was very quick to very publicly jump on CGC's earlier misfortunes (and granted CGC did NOT help themselves) so that they could benefit. Anyone who thinks it was 'purely' for 'love of the hobby' is also drinking the Kool-Aid.

CBCS came onto the scene so now there is competition so CGC is trying to further distinguish itself from the rest and develop and promote their brand . As discussed in the thread many times over, exclusivity deals are nothing new.

At the end of the day it is just business, pure and simple and there is nothing preventing CBCS from inking a similar deal or using some other marketing tactic. I just don't see this as that big of a deal (shrug)

it becomes a big deal down the road. Why don't Comcast and Time Warner compete against each other in the same markets? Because that would benefit consumers. Why does my address dictate which utilities provider I'm subscribed to? Because if they were all available the value of electricity would plummet.

Even if you're only interested in shopping with CGC, competition would make your experience shopping with CGC better. Just last week my internet bill went down and my speeds tripled because I mentioned to the cable company I was thinking of switching to Verizon. Two things to learn from that. One is they could have afforded to give me faster speeds for less money all along, second is that they never would have if there was no competition.

Even if you're only interested in shopping with CGC, competition would make your experience shopping with CGC better.

Damn straight. You better believe this is what we would still be dealing with if it weren't for CBCS

thisisfine_zpsulflqepe.jpg

I wonder if there would be the same "uproar" if CBCS had done this? I think their fanboys would applaud such a "smart business move".

CBCS was very quick to very publicly jump on CGC's earlier misfortunes (and granted CGC did NOT help themselves) so that they could benefit. Anyone who thinks it was 'purely' for 'love of the hobby' is also drinking the Kool-Aid.

CBCS came onto the scene so now there is competition so CGC is trying to further distinguish itself from the rest and develop and promote their brand . As discussed in the thread many times over, exclusivity deals are nothing new.

At the end of the day it is just business, pure and simple and there is nothing preventing CBCS from inking a similar deal or using some other marketing tactic. I just don't see this as that big of a deal (shrug)

it becomes a big deal down the road. Why don't Comcast and Time Warner compete against each other in the same markets? Because that would benefit consumers. Why does my address dictate which utilities provider I'm subscribed to? Because if they were all available the value of electricity would plummet.

Even if you're only interested in shopping with CGC, competition would make your experience shopping with CGC better. Just last week my internet bill went down and my speeds tripled because I mentioned to the cable company I was thinking of switching to Verizon. Two things to learn from that. One is they could have afforded to give me faster speeds for less money all along, second is that they never would have if there was no competition.

^^ Doesn't matter if it's CGC or the other company. Monopolies are seldom good for the consumer.

the Costco by me only carries Quilted Northern, which shreds when you wipe. I still go to said Costo, I just get my toilet paper elsewhere.

Seems like the same thing as CGC being the con exclusive. (shrug)

Assuming going elsewhere is an option. Universal label is easy but what if you need signatures witnessed?