• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1965 Astro Boy splash? cover? sold @ approx 250k

30 posts in this topic

Japanese trophies always go way over the top (imo),

Well, why do you think that? ... ...so I'm curious as to why you would consider this (or other sales like it) to be over the top. I look at some of the stuff that gets big money here and think its totally coo-coo

Bronty, you're working it too hard, reading too much in. I meant "over the top" as simply "big number" relative to non-trophies. No more. No less. :)

On this specific piece, I think $275k all in is about the right number. Over 300 and I'd be "hmmm, people be gettin' silly" and under 200 and I would imagine that the local market knows something we don't over here (such as condition issues, many hands, etc.)

Gotcha (thumbs u

Speaking of LW&C, I've got a (imo) very nice color cover from an earlier series by Goseki Kojima...Felix was kind enough to help me ID it many moons ago (so thanks! again!! Felix!!!)

Now I've been criticized in the past for buying the right artists but the wrong titles (or images, stories or numbers, etc) and well, yes that is what I do, one case being that early 2000 AD cover I scored about fifteen years ago that does NOT have Dredd on it. (Because of course those are everywhere too?) But then again, a Kojima color cover, published, from the 60s, featuring a samurai, that (sadly) isn't LW&C...for (well) under $1k...c'mon, would any of you have passed that up?!

And that's how I ended up with a Tezuka cut panel of Astro Boy flying. Same old, same old...

Speaking of LW&C, I've got a (imo) very nice color cover from an earlier series by Goseki Kojima...Felix was kind enough to help me ID it many moons ago (so thanks! again!! Felix!!!)

Now I've been criticized in the past for buying the right artists but the wrong titles (or images, stories or numbers, etc) and well, yes that is what I do, one case being that early 2000 AD cover I scored about fifteen years ago that does NOT have Dredd on it. (Because of course those are everywhere too?) But then again, a Kojima color cover, published, from the 60s, featuring a samurai, that (sadly) isn't LW&C...for (well) under $1k...c'mon, would any of you have passed that up?!

And that's how I ended up with a Tezuka cut panel of Astro Boy flying. Same old, same old...

that's awesome man! I love kojima's stuff, and a published cover no less... wonder how that even left his clutches.

I know a guy who would be interested.. name rhymes with "onty" :gossip:

Nice. Care to double your money? Best I can offer is super high grade March of Comics Astro Boy in his first US comic. Now where did I put that ....

It's NFS but if I wasn't still unboxing (err...let's be honest..."excavating") from my big move, I'd share images of both. I have absolutely no idea -beyond "in that room...somewhere"- where they are lol !

It's NFS but if I wasn't still unboxing (err...let's be honest..."excavating") from my big move, I'd share images of both. I have absolutely no idea -beyond "in that room...somewhere"- where they are lol !

Looking forward to seeing them, when you find them again.

(I could propose to help you look for them, bu they might "go missing" in the process :grin: )