• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, sagii said:

New acquisition. I don't 'actively/agressively' collect the Timely/Atlas Teens because they are so coveted i don't want to get too caught up in yet another pricey endeavor. But there are opportunities and covers you just can't pass up. Checked, only one copy on the census. 

Patsy Walker #37.jpg

That issue has been on my radar for long time, and I'm yet to snag a copy.  Congrats sagii

3 hours ago, path4play said:

That issue has been on my radar for long time, and I'm yet to snag a copy.  Congrats sagii

Thank you,  much appreciated. This was one of the handful I was after, nice chesse cake . If I ever decide to sell, if you haven' acquired one by then I'll let you know first.

On another note, congrats on the Ernie. That is one HTF book. :applause: 

8 hours ago, path4play said:

You should try folding  the cover and see what Jaffee has hidden in there.

On 2/18/2018 at 10:14 AM, sagii said:

New acquisition. I don't 'actively/agressively' collect the Timely/Atlas Teens because they are so coveted i don't want to get too caught up in yet another pricey endeavor. But there are opportunities and covers you just can't pass up. Checked, only one copy on the census. 

Patsy Walker #37.jpg

Nice one.  It's become clear that Atlas humor and romance books can be very tough.  As you know, the high-grade copies Heritage has been auctioning have mostly been going for many multiples of guide. 

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Nice one.  It's become clear that Atlas humor and romance books can be very tough.  As you know, the high-grade copies Heritage has been auctioning have mostly been going for many multiples of guide. 

Thanks! And yes, which is why i have been trying hard to not have them become a 'must have' set, on top of an already costly collected want list items list. (:

From the fine folks who brought you Junie Prom. I had a decent #3 with a great drive in cover and spotted this on the bay. You never see these and I had never seen a #1 so I jumped on it despite the water stain. Pretty cool on the inside too. Guess I got another short run to finish...

comdexter1.jpg

comdexter3.jpg

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

From the fine folks who brought you Junie Prom. I had a decent #3 with a great drive in cover and spotted this on the bay. You never see these and I had never seen a #1 so I jumped on it despite the water stain. Pretty cool on the inside too. Guess I got another short run to finish...

comdexter1.jpg

comdexter3.jpg

:applause:Cool pick up RM! Nothing like the challenge of tough short runs.

Edited by sagii

8 hours ago, sagii said:

:applause:Cool pick up RM! Nothing like the challenge of tough short runs.

I finally completed that run last year with #5.  I always thought Dexter looks a bit more like an old man than a teen.  He's got lots of lines in his face.  #3 is my favorite cover of the series.

21 minutes ago, lotemo said:

I finally completed that run last year with #5.  I always thought Dexter looks a bit more like an old man than a teen.  He's got lots of lines in his face.  #3 is my favorite cover of the series.

:headbang: Congrats! Hope to see them posted here in the near future!

I've been scanning all of my golden age teen comics.  In doing so, I keep getting reminded of all the nice Timely teen covers.  While Patsy Walker was featured in Miss America magazine, Cindy was featured in Junior Miss.  Some of the pre-1949 covers feature some very nice, pretty and detailed artwork and make full use of the cover space for greater visual impact.   Here are some favorites of mine.

Junior Miss_1947_024_01.jpg

Junior Miss_1947_025.jpg

Junior Miss_1947_026.jpg

Junior Miss_1948_028.jpg

Junior Miss_1948_029.jpg

Edited by lotemo