• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,275 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause:Nice grab

I notice a new collecting pattern alongside the Ducks and Timely heroes  :baiting:

:blush: Yeah, I'm hooked.  Timely is just getting so darn expensive I'm trying to snag other books I like while the prices are relatively low. 

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Such a wonderful book! Is it just me or do the heads on the ladies in the early issues of this title look a little "weird"?

You're not alone on this. I'm not sure who the artist was on these early Joker issues, but he certainly had a unique style. Sometimes the head of the cover girl was drawn attractively, and other times... not so much. :S

Edited by Mr. Lady Luck

10 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I think that's the remaindered cover version of Millie 2 that has a funny animal book inside.  A number of those surfaced about 12 to 15 years ago.  The covers are in nice shape but the interior is a Timely animal comic.  These copies have a single staple through the book that's at the center of the cover.

The real thing has two staples.  All the copies I've seen of the real book have the staples properly aligned on the spine of the book, not towards the front.

I would want to contact Heritage about the contents before bidding on it.

Here are some pictures of both.  The first 3 are the funny animal version,  First is the front cover, then the inside back cover where the staple comes out and finally the first page.

The 4th and 5th are the real thing; front cover and centerfold

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

Also, for that lot of comics, Heritage lists the group of books as poor or incomplete.  Millie #2 would rate as incomplete if it's the funny animal version.  I can't see them grouping a high grade Millie 2 with a bunch of poor condition books.

10 hours ago, lotemo said:

I think that's the remaindered cover version of Millie 2 that has a funny animal book inside.  A number of those surfaced about 12 to 15 years ago.  The covers are in nice shape but the interior is a Timely animal comic.  These copies have a single staple through the book that's at the center of the cover.

The real thing has two staples.  All the copies I've seen of the real book have the staples properly aligned on the spine of the book, not towards the front.

I would want to contact Heritage about the contents before bidding on it.

Here are some pictures of both.  The first 3 are the funny animal version,  First is the front cover, then the inside back cover where the staple comes out and finally the first page.

The 4th and 5th are the real thing; front cover and centerfold

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

Aaahh, this makes sense. Thanks for the info, Lotemo.

17 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Not really a "teen" comic but I know Lady Luck haunts this thread. Came in the mail today. Only time she appeared on a Smash cover. Had to have it. I'm sure Lady will post his "Mile High" copy but thought I'd post this beater just for fun.

comsmash43.jpg

The Mile High copy of Smash #43 just appeared in the Spring Heritage Signature auction...

But i spent all my monies on Millie and Tessie. :blush: