• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,275 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Yikes!  I wonder if the result was a surprise to the seller?  He don't seem to have put much effort into the listing. 

7 hours ago, lotemo said:

Here's one of the Andy issues that followed the Scream series.  This is the Edgar Church copy of Andy #21.  I don't have #20 but this one has the better cover of the two.

T_Andy_1948_21.jpg

So you're the one (:

I remember that one on eBay not too far back. I have the Church copy of 21 (which I think is the better cover of the two :baiting:)

I wanted bragging rights to say I had the Church run of a series , as there are only 2 issues :D

Congrats!

(Note: typed this on a phone, edited post from 'copy', meant 'cover'). 

Edited by sagii

6 hours ago, sagii said:

So you're the one (:

I remember that one on eBay not too far back. I have the Church copy of 21 (which I think is the better cover of the two :baiting:)

I wanted bragging rights to say I had the Church run of a series , as there are only 2 issues :D

Congrats!

(Note: typed this on a phone, edited post from 'copy', meant 'cover'). 

Sorry about that.  I've been trying to complete the Andy/Ernie run which is really pretty much the same series.  One series is about a guy named Andy, his twin sister Billie and his girlfriend Teddie.  The other series is about a guy named Ernie, his twin sister Billie, and his girlfriend Teddie.  I guess they thought Ernie would be a more marketable title than Andy.

35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

It's a FAR cry from that beautiful Church copy, but here is the no number issue of Ernie

Just happy to have it at all. These are very tough to find and the only Ernie I have.

comernie1.jpg

@Robot Man :applause:You're lucky to have one RM! Tough book and series in general. The Scream to Andy to Ernie series run(s) are HTF. Is there a Boardie who has all four Teen themed Scream issues, the two Andy's and four Ernie's ? hm

@lotemo I foolishly sold my beater 21 a few days before the Church 21 ended on eBay, certain i'd snag it :cry:

..Bird in the hand......

34 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Did you win something? :baiting:

I did. Scream Comics 18. SO hard to find .

After a quick non acceptance of my offer, I just went ahead and paid the sellers buy it now price. I think for its rarity, it was fair even given the condition.

Last purchase of 2018 (:

Here's a recent Timely addition.  I collected all the other Timely girls like Millie, Hedy, Tessie and the others but I had never noticed this odd one-shot book from 1945.  Dolly is an adult rather than a teen so there's a mix of stories of her chasing guys and trying to be a detective.  Not sure where they were going with this character but except for a stray story or two in other books she didn't last long.  Still a fun book.

DollyDill_1945_01026 - t.jpg

On 1/12/2019 at 3:39 PM, Robot Man said:

Added another cheap one to the collection. These Mopsys are great and full of nice GGA.

mopsypagentcomics.jpg

commopsey3.jpg

commopsey7.jpg

commopsy13.jpg

Heritage has been slowly selling off the OA to the daily Mopsy strip. 

On 1/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, Sqeggs said:

Admittedly SA, but I've started to look out for romance/teen humor books with pop groups on the cover. Is this the only Monkees cover? hm

monk.jpg

There was a 17 issue Monkees series from Dell in the late 60s - they are on all of those.  I believe they also appeared on the cover of Teen Beat from DC (not entirely a comic, but comic-sized at least).

On 1/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, Sqeggs said:

Admittedly SA, but I've started to look out for romance/teen humor books with pop groups on the cover. Is this the only Monkees cover? hm

monk.jpg

Tony,

A few more that came out during the Silver Age.

.151802.jpg.0312f54406b4fc1bc36f873906a168be.jpg

.227420.jpg.d49d6346cc7ff28599ae68eb3826000b.jpg.

212637.jpg.be7c1456e76d4ae3b1e1155b40b59e50.jpg

A modern that came out in 2018,  There were three other variant covers.

the_archies_-_publicity_-_p_2017.jpg.aa2762b68fbb3e8874f63ffd451262ed.jpg