• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,275 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, Doohickamabob said:

Just posting this here since it's relevant to the subject. This copy of Nellie the Nurse #11 was stolen from me. If anybody here sees it (for sale or otherwise), please contact me. Thank you.

nellie-the-nurse-11-stolen.jpg

Sorry to hear this... any other books taken? Hope you're able to recover it somehow.

Here's a great GGA Australian Millie I just bought.  Has anyone see this cover on any US Millie? Or is it exclusively an Australian cover?  Looks like DeCarlo art.

I notice ALL the interior stories say "by Stan Lee" but not any artists.  It makes it seem that Stan is the artist too.

a1.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Here's a great GGA Australian Millie I just bought.  Has anyone see this cover on any US Millie? Or is it exclusively an Australian cover?  Looks like DeCarlo art.

I notice ALL the interior stories say "by Stan Lee" but not any artists.  It makes it seem that Stan is the artist too.

a1.jpg

Looks like Stan Goldberg art on the cover to me.  I have a complete run of Dan DeCarlo Millie the Model comics.  This cover was not used on any US Millie the Model comic. 

What is on the inside?

4 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Looks like Stan Goldberg art on the cover to me.  I have a complete run of Dan DeCarlo Millie the Model comics.  This cover was not used on any US Millie the Model comic. 

What is on the inside?

The insides are stories from 3 different comics Millie the Model 24, 28, & Hedy 30.

And the cover doesn't seem to have anything to do with any of the stories on the inside.  "Beauty parade"?  There's none of that on the inside.

I love when you can find "New Covers" in foreign comics!  And a Millie/Chili GGA cover is always a good cover to find.

Edited by gadzukes

On 3/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, originalisbest said:

Sorry to hear this... any other books taken? Hope you're able to recover it somehow.

No, just this one, thankfully. I hope to recover it too. There is a comic collector out there who has it, somewhere. Really uncool for collectors to steal from other collectors.