• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

_57-1.jpg

Wow, I've been looking for that one for ages. Peter Dribben cover. Most of you might not be familiar with him. Late 1940's/early 1950's pin-up artist. He did a lot of beautiful, Beauty Parade, Titter, Wink and other pin up magazine covers. This is the only comic book cover I know of by him. Here are some of his pin up covers:

girlymagazinelot_zpsjja3bazz.jpg

Wow, I've been looking for that one for ages. Peter Dribben cover. Most of you might not be familiar with him. Late 1940's/early 1950's pin-up artist. He did a lot of beautiful, Beauty Parade, Titter, Wink and other pin up magazine covers. This is the only comic book cover I know of by him. Here are some of his pin up covers:

Why do they call the magazine "Titter" -- because it's full of funny jokes, right?

Why do they call the magazine "Titter" -- because it's full of funny jokes, right?

It was slang for "titilate" Actually very harmless in it's day.

Just arrived :)

Scan-160313-0002_zpsjwjzgkah.jpg

Great title. I think it's a tough short run to complete though. The artist was mentioned/profiled briefly on an episode of American Pickers. Some guy had a lot of his original art work. No 'Babe' pieces though.

Boody Rogers is always a fun read.
I've come to feel his style is similar to H.G. Peter, but Rogers' women are rendered a little more curvy.

Rogers is H.G. Peter by way of Basil Wolverton.

Boody Rogers is always a fun read.
I've come to feel his style is similar to H.G. Peter, but Rogers' women are rendered a little more curvy.

Rogers is H.G. Peter by way of Basil Wolverton.

spot on! lol(thumbs u