• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

New arrival :cloud9:

315599-F001.jpg

Such a cool book Lady. Never seen it before. Very weird proportions on her head. Some how, I don't think the Luck part matters. You seem to be working hard to put together a stellar collection of these Marvels.

13 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
13 hours ago, Robot Man said:

What kind of "stain"?

An old invisible water stain

Just crazy how CGC has been hammering those.  

Now take a look on the staple rust on this TTA 2 9.2 (highest graded) from the recent CC auction.  (Apologies to the buyer!)  I suppose the rust might be the result of improper storage, but I've seen newly graded books with significant rust also get high grades.

Which is more of a turnoff to the average collector, a hard to see water stain, or significant staple rust?

tal5.5494a.jpg

40 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Now take a look on the staple rust on this TTA 2 9.2 (highest graded) from the recent CC auction.  (Apologies to the buyer!)  I suppose the rust might be the result of improper storage, but I've seen newly graded books with significant rust also get high grades.

Which is more of a turnoff to the average collector, a hard to see water stain, or significant staple rust?

tal5.5494a.jpg

It is frustrating that CGC is so over the top about stains, in particular innocuous ones, and other defects, that are more damaging to the books appearance get overlooked.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

tal5.5494a.jpg

Maybe he's just had a hard life, and maybe that's his zany pal dressed as a martian as a prank, but i don't see any teens or humor here :baiting:

19 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Back from CGC. Book looks nicer than the grade but, alas, a light stain.

Pardon the Newton effect.

fc 6.0.jpg

I'd take the invisible water stain over a fuggly looking 6.0 any day. The page quality is super nice as well. Congrats! :cloud9:

On 5/10/2017 at 0:38 PM, sagii said:

Maybe he's just had a hard life, and maybe that's his zany pal dressed as a martian as a prank, but i don't see any teens or humor here :baiting:

The grade is kinda humorous! :)