• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Montezuma said:

I don't always like Hartley, especially on Archies, but some of his are great. Same with Jaffee

Patsy%20and%20Hedy%201_zpsndgtczsa.jpg

I agree with you, particularly wrt Hartley.  Some of his covers are great others are pretty weak.  Don't know whether it had to do with varying amounts of time and effort he put into the assignments.

12 hours ago, Montezuma said:

After many years I'm still a long ways from finishing this short run, too bad about the stamp, but still a nice issue

Girls%20Life%201_zpspakjfphv.jpg

One day you or @Sqeggs or myself may complete the task. At worst we can always put our parts together for a piece mail group shot :D

5 minutes ago, sagii said:

One day you or @Sqeggs or myself may complete the task. At worst we can always put our parts together for a piece mail group shot :D

And in the meantime, we can drive up the prices bidding against each other at auction! :)

On 11/15/2017 at 8:35 PM, sagii said:

I'm in the process of scanning nearly all my pre-1965 comics.  I'll have to post the Girls' Life issues.  I finished the run about 7 years ago.  It must not have done well at all since it ran only during 1954.  They're tough to find!

43 minutes ago, lotemo said:

I'm in the process of scanning nearly all my pre-1965 comics.  I'll have to post the Girls' Life issues.  I finished the run about 7 years ago.  It must not have done well at all since it ran only during 1954.  They're tough to find!

Can't wait (worship)

1 hour ago, lotemo said:

Girls' Life 4 through 6 - In the final issue, the letter from Patsy mentions preparation for the upcoming issue which never happened.  Wonder how many disappointed girls went looking for the next issue only to never find it!

Girls%20Life_1954_004_zpsyw9cdijn.jpg
Girls%20Life_1954_005_zpszouz3o9y.jpg
Girls%20Life_1954_006_zpsxwkvlfxd.jpg

:applause:Not a weak one in the bunch,  but the #4 :luhv:

Gives me motivation to try and complete the set. Thanks for sharing what's bound to now become a Boards classic 

Edited by sagii

16 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause:Not a weak one in the bunch,  but the #4 :luhv:

Gives me motivation to try and complete the set. Thanks for sharing what's bound to now become a Boards classic 

I think that #2 was the last issue I found but #4 seemed near impossible to find as well.