• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,275 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yeah, just the one. One other guy and I (likely a boardie) popped the price up a little higher than I was hoping. 

Sometimes I can't help but post them right away here.  I literally have no one in my life that cares except for the people here. My wife does whatever the opposite of "caring about comics" is.  :flamed:

Roger Dodger has a Leroy story by DeCarlo inside.  I'm not sure who did the rest of the book but it is has a DeCarlo flair to it.

On 4/13/2017 at 6:05 PM, lotemo said:

For those of you who like the Timely painted covers, I finally found a copy of the companion book to Georgie #25 (see below)

Georgie-Feb1950-b_zpsm1bicwgp.jpg

This cover was repainted for use on an issue of Joker, the adult humor digest in 1953.  Georgie was published in 1950.  The artwork was modified just a bit to make the man who was previously Georgie look a bit older:

JokerV4_28-Apr1953-b_zpslu60fe4z.jpg

I never thought I'd find a copy of this one so I was pretty thrilled when I did!  The Joker issue is digest sized.  I just enlarged the scan to make it comparable.

Very cool Peter Driben cover! Anybody know if he did any more comic book covers? He did a lot of great pin-up work in magazines such as these.

girlymagazinelot_zpsjja3bazz.jpg

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Very cool Peter Driben cover! Anybody know if he did any more comic book covers? He did a lot of great pin-up work in magazines such as these.

I did a little research on Google and it appears he may have illustrated the cover to Prison Break #3:

834727.jpg

And also possibly Venus #8:

Venus+8+(Feb50).jpg

He also did many covers for Timely's magazine versions of Joker, Comedy and others. If you look carefully enough, you'll find his signature in this one:

3401639.jpg

18 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yeah, just the one. One other guy and I (likely a boardie) popped the price up a little higher than I was hoping. 

Sometimes I can't help but post them right away here.  I literally have no one in my life that cares except for the people here. My wife does whatever the opposite of "caring about comics" is.  :flamed:

That's a great pickup Rick. Keep on posting. We love to see them.

I was scanning some books so I thought I'd post some Irma's.

This copy of #3 was graded a 7.0 but CGC indicated it was trimmed.  It's got a cover miswrap and an irregular cut but it seems about the same size as my lower grade copy.  I couldn't resist buying it because the paper is otherwise snow white so I don't really care if it was trimmed:

irma03b_zpscjuktuwa.jpg

Here's #4 (#2)  I've always loved this cover:

irma04b_zpsgupcpff4.jpg

And finally, another DeCarlo swimsuit cover.  

irma36b_zpsm05hpe2j.jpg

22 minutes ago, lotemo said:

I was scanning some books so I thought I'd post some Irma's.

This copy of #3 was graded a 7.0 but CGC indicated it was trimmed.  It's got a cover miswrap and an irregular cut but it seems about the same size as my lower grade copy.  I couldn't resist buying it because the paper is otherwise snow white so I don't really care if it was trimmed:

irma03b_zpscjuktuwa.jpg

Here's #4 (#2)  I've always loved this cover:

irma04b_zpsgupcpff4.jpg

And finally, another DeCarlo swimsuit cover.  

irma36b_zpsm05hpe2j.jpg

Those are really nice ones. You are making me want to buy back all my Irma's. :x

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Of course, "titter" is just an old fashioned word for chuckle.  I'm sure that's what they meant with that title. :)

Been a while since i showed some DC love: They were not known for the GGA covers, but some come close. This in my eyes is one. Subject that was used on Archie and just about all the Teen Humor titles: The reluctant pageant judge.

Buzzy #15.jpg

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Been a while since i showed some DC love: They were not known for the GGA covers, but some come close. This in my eyes is one. Subject that was used on Archie and just about all the Teen Humor titles: The reluctant pageant judge.

Buzzy #15.jpg

Nice one Corey. Have never noticed that one before. It seems to be a popular theme.