• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2019 at 7:06 PM, OtherEric said:

I think Michelle Nolan called this issue out as rare back in an issue of Comic Book Marketplace.  It's not common but calling it the rarest non-hero DC is seems very unlikely.  I'm not even sure it's the rarest issue of the series, 11 doesn't turn up often either.  I will say my copy (and others I've seen) seem to be prone to being mis-cut, I could easily see this being the hardest to get in anything other than low grade.

It's a great issue of one of my all time favorite series, though!

Scribbly_06.jpg

I keep forgetting, but was it an issue of Scribbly that Ian Levine needed to complete his DC run? I think @archiefan found it for him iirc.

Some issues of the Adventures of Rex the Wonder Dog are really tough in high grade. When they do surface, they sell for just a tad over guide. https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/adventures-of-rex-the-wonder-dog-42-dc-1958-cgc-vf-85-white-pages/a/7192-94493.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

At one time, Danger Trail 3 had the reputation for being among the toughest '50s DC, but there are now 29 copies on the census. https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Danger+Trail&issue=3&publisher=D.C. Comics&year=1950&issuedate=11-12/50 

On 7/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, sagii said:

Not Teen, but certainly Humor. 

Toughie! Wonder how many kids who may have picked this up caught the very adult gag? 

Abbott and Costello #27.jpg

The average pre-teen was probably thinking: "If he can have anything, why not choose a chocolate milk shake instead of a glass of water?"