• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27 Batman Story Only

23 posts in this topic

An old buddy called me tonight to ask my opinion on the value of just the 6-page Batman story from Detective 27. Tec 27 is his grail and he's just about given up hope, but now this opportunity pops up and he's giving it considerable consideration.

Without me giving you the asking price what's your opinion? It's only 3 physical pages.

15-20K.

So I guess the bigger question is whether a single slabbed Tec 27 Batman page would nab $5-7k then? Seems high to me.

Brittle Superman pages from Action #1 have brought in that price range.

But with Tec #27, there are A) 3 pages vs. 7 from Action #1 and B) far fewer example offered for sale publicly.

My friend can buy the story wrapped in a xerox cover with the remainder of the interior xeroxed - in other words some weird, Frankenbook contraption - for $25,000.

When we talked I told him I thought $15K wouldn't be outrageous.

That CGC graded copy with the repro front / back cover and repro Batman story is also missing the centerfold. I own it. Saw it on Ebay for years. Didn't pull the trigger. Finally did win it in a CC auction.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=633489

Was it this one? I wanted this particular tec27, but I didn't have enough funds at the time to outbid the winner.

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Let’s bring this thread into 2018 post the lastest Tec 27 coverless sans CF sale and the Action 1 page 

I can’t imagine a Batman page from Tec #27 selling for less than $10,000.

If all 3 pages could be had for $30,000 or less, that would be a great deal.

On 11/17/2016 at 9:43 PM, Moondog said:

There's a coverless CBCS-certified copy on eBay right now missing the centerfold for $36,500... hm

Wonder if this is the same copy that Gary mentioned back in 2016 that sold in the most recent ComicConnect auction?

image.thumb.png.57d3414c371861ecaa6fef2a93976706.png