• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

484 posts in this topic

The news had already spread Fox was looking ahead to Deadpool 3 so as to introduce X-Force.

‘Deadpool 3’ Will Introduce X-Force

http://media.comicbook.com/2016/11/deadpool-xforce-212405.png

20th Century Fox’s core X-Men series may be struggling, but apparently, they’re still feeling pretty good about one of the franchise’s spinoff properties. Even as Deadpool 2 recently suffered a couple big setbacks behind the scenes, the studio is already looking ahead to Deadpool 3, with plans to introduce the X-Force team.

In their wide-ranging piece about Fox’s X-Men franchise woes, The Hollywood Reporter noted that “Fox already is planning Deadpool 3, readying a filmmaker search for a storyline that will involve another X-team, X-Force, say sources.” This shouldn’t come as a huge shock, considering Fox has been hoping to make an X-Force movie for a while. Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds has been very vocal about his desire to bring the team into Fox’s X-Men cinematic universe, and a few months ago we heard Fox was actively developing an X-Force project.

Now, they are narrowing the director list down as David Leitch has supposedly told them he will only work on Deadpool 2. At least, for now.

Possible Deadpool 3 Directors Revealed

http://i.imgur.com/beWRkNt.png

Interestingly enough, during the director search (repeated today as well), THR reported that Fox is already working on a third film in the series and will supposedly feature the Merc with a Mouth teaming up with X-Force. To avoid any Deadpool 2-like hiccups, Fox has also been on the hunt for a Deadpool 3 director.

So, who might be up for Deadpool 3? Well, THR claims that Leitch was offered Deadpool 2 soon after he met with Reynolds in New York. Yet, they also claim Rupert Sanders (Snow White and the Huntsman, Ghost in the Shell), Drew Goddard (wrote The Martian, executive producing The Defenders) and Magnus Martens (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Luke Cage) are on Fox's "to-meet list." So, it seems more likely that those three directors are actually being considered for Deadpool 3.

Could this go a different direction?

Ryan Reynolds Wants A Wolverine-Deadpool Movie

deadpool-wolverine-movie-216918.jpg

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Reynolds said he wants to make a Deadpool/Wolverine movie.

“I want Deapdool and Wolverine in a movie together,” Reynolds said. “What we’re gonna have to do is convince Hugh. If anything, I’m going to need to do what I can to get my internet friends back on board to help rally another cause down the line.”

“Hugh Jackman is one of the best human beings. Part of the reason I want to do a Deadpool/Wolverine movie is not just because I think the two would light the screen on fire but I genuinely love the guy.”

These two love each other to the point it hurts.

Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds Is Getting Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

hollywooddeadpoolryanreynoldsstar-218345-640x320.jpg

Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds will be adding a new honor to his resume today, as he is set to join 2,596 other Hollywood elites that hold a special place on Hollywood boulevard.

Reynolds will be receiving his very own space on the iconic Hollywood Walk of Fame (via CBS Los Angeles). The ceremony is set to take place at 11:30 a.m., and he will take the stage along with Anna Faris, Rhett Reese, and Paul Wernick. Faris and Reynolds co-starred in the fan favorite Waiting..., and teamed up again in Just Friends. Reese and Wernick wrote the screenplay for Reynold's immensely successful Deadpool, and are also working with Reynolds again on the sequel.

Hugh Jackman Posts Hilarious Video Honoring Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds

g6Qu5hB.png

Now that Deadpool is the most popular superhero in the entire world, the Hollywood Walk Of Fame has finally deemed it time to give Ryan Reynolds is own star on the sidewalk.

To celebrate Reynolds receiving this high honor, fellow X-Man Hugh Jackman shared a hilarious tribute to Reynolds.

Jackman released a video on his Twitter account on Thursday morning, but he didn't appear as himself. Instead, he held a giant photo of Ryan Reynolds' face over his. This is a great nod to the Deadpool movie, in which a scene featured the title character donning a Hugh Jackman mask over her face.

The actor went on to talk about Ryan Reynolds' career, and how most of it was modeled after his favorite actor of all time - Hugh Jackman. Of course, he mentioned that the star was an honor after receiving the People's Sexiest Man Of The Year award in 2011, and appearing in the 12th best DC movie of all time - Green Lantern.

Jackman also pointed out that he had won the award long before Reynolds had, and it was just another way that the young actor was trying to model after his Australian role model.

lol

These two love each other to the point it hurts.

Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds Is Getting Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

hollywooddeadpoolryanreynoldsstar-218345-640x320.jpg

Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds will be adding a new honor to his resume today, as he is set to join 2,596 other Hollywood elites that hold a special place on Hollywood boulevard.

Reynolds will be receiving his very own space on the iconic Hollywood Walk of Fame (via CBS Los Angeles). The ceremony is set to take place at 11:30 a.m., and he will take the stage along with Anna Faris, Rhett Reese, and Paul Wernick. Faris and Reynolds co-starred in the fan favorite Waiting..., and teamed up again in Just Friends. Reese and Wernick wrote the screenplay for Reynold's immensely successful Deadpool, and are also working with Reynolds again on the sequel.

Hugh Jackman Posts Hilarious Video Honoring Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds

g6Qu5hB.png

Now that Deadpool is the most popular superhero in the entire world, the Hollywood Walk Of Fame has finally deemed it time to give Ryan Reynolds is own star on the sidewalk.

To celebrate Reynolds receiving this high honor, fellow X-Man Hugh Jackman shared a hilarious tribute to Reynolds.

Jackman released a video on his Twitter account on Thursday morning, but he didn't appear as himself. Instead, he held a giant photo of Ryan Reynolds' face over his. This is a great nod to the Deadpool movie, in which a scene featured the title character donning a Hugh Jackman mask over her face.

The actor went on to talk about Ryan Reynolds' career, and how most of it was modeled after his favorite actor of all time - Hugh Jackman. Of course, he mentioned that the star was an honor after receiving the People's Sexiest Man Of The Year award in 2011, and appearing in the 12th best DC movie of all time - Green Lantern.

Jackman also pointed out that he had won the award long before Reynolds had, and it was just another way that the young actor was trying to model after his Australian role model.

lol

:roflmao: Can you add a link to that video or embed it in this thread please?

The Wrap recently posted a story claiming Ryan Reynolds had filmed a cameo as Deadpool for James Mangold's Logan, which was swiftly debunked by all parties involved - but even if The Merc with a Mouth doesn't show up in that movie, there might just be another project in the pipeline that'll reunite Reynolds and Hugh Jackman following their brief interaction in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

The Hollywood Reporter's Borys Kit send out a Tweet late last night, suggesting there is something in the works for Wolvie and Wade after all.

gElScDc.png

Both actors have expressed an interest in working together on something like this in the past, so it's probably not too much of a surprise that 20th Century Fox jumped at the chance to get working on a Deadpool/Wolverine team-up flick - though it obviously casts doubt on Jackman's claim that Logan will be his last time playing the iconic mutant.

Let's make a DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE Movie a Possibility

CbUdxHY.png

I saw a post by a writer on this site named Josh Wilding. It regarded an interview with Ryan Reynolds and Entertainment Weekly where he expressed serious interest in wanting to do a Deadpool/Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman. I decided to create a Change.org Petition in light of this cause. It's purely a gesture of support as I just hope that many people will reach out and sign just to show the massive love and support for these actors and beloved characters.

Even though Logan the movie is going to be Hugh Jackman's last time playing the iconic role Wolverine, I think we're all hoping he'll come back with an encore one last time to do a Duet with Ryan Reynolds and blow our minds with a tag team movie of the two. Deadpool was basically made by the internet, fans, Ryan Reynolds(and crew), and they have reached out to us again. Maybe, just maybe we can make this happen.

Help Ryan Reynolds show LOVE & SUPPORT for Hugh Jackman to do a DEADPOOL/WOLVERINE Movie

The sequel hit theaters this weekend and, while it's already earning massive numbers at the box office, Reynolds teased that a Deadpool 3 is unlikely, at least in the way some audiences might anticipate it.

“For Deadpool 3, you know, it’s an odd thing to say but I don’t think there will be a Deadpool 3," Reynolds shared with Starnews Korea. "I think going forward it would be an X-Force movie, which would be his team so to speak.”

While this means we likely wouldn't see, or necessarily need, Deadpool continuing his adventures on his own, the events of Deadpool 2 confirm just how well the Merc with a Mouth fits in with his newfound allies and functions better as an ensemble character.

These comments seem to set the record straight about the future of the franchise, with comments he made earlier this week at the film's premiere hinting that a Deadpool 3 would be possible.

“Well, there is talk about an X-Force film which isn’t really a Deadpool film — but it’s sort of a group effort. But, for Deadpool 3, we’ll see,” the actor admitted to Variety. “I don’t know. At this point, I don’t even want to think about it. Down the road, I’m sure we will figure it out.”

In an in-depth profile piece by Variety, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige admitted that the Deadpool franchise is far from broken, hinting he and the decision makers at the House of Mouse plan to introduce the Merc with a Mouth in his bloody, foul-mouthed iteration.

“When we were purchased, Bob said to us, ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it,'” Feige told Variety.“There’s no question that Deadpool is working, so why would we change it?”

Feige's comments echo the sentiment previously levied by Disney CEO Bob Iger, who revealed the movie studio would pursue R-rated properties if the studio's marketing team was adequately able to market the film's much more adult tones. Both Deadpool movies grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide, with the first film making just over half of that. In the grand scheme of things, both Deadpool films would rank in the top half of the MCU, ahead of fan-favorite properties like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man, and Doctor Strange.

:wishluck:

The first two films were rated R, but Fox did test the waters with a PG-13 version released over the holidays. So now that Deadpool is under the Disney banner, will they force Ryan Reynolds to tone it down? Domino actress Zazie Beetz hopes not, speaking with CineXpress at Puerto Rico Comic Con.

"I hope that Disney, you know, they have a different audience base than Fox. And so I hope that they continue to honor Fox's audience base. The thing is, I don't really know," Beetz explained. "There's a reason why Deadpool does well, it's because it speaks to an audience that enjoys the playfulness of life and not shying away from harder jokes and harder stuff and adult content. And I think that is important in this superhero universe, yes, you have it for the children but there should be something fun for the adults as well. I like that about Deadpool."

Awesome news all round

Reynolds and Jackman are real good buddies, so no doubt Reynolds would be pushing for a Deadpool/Wolverine movie, but Hugh is so busy doing his Broadway shows and other movies so it would be difficult to schedule.

So I'm guessing in Deadpool 3 he brings them all back after dieing  crazy ways lol

16 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Awesome news all round

Reynolds and Jackman are real good buddies, so no doubt Reynolds would be pushing for a Deadpool/Wolverine movie, but Hugh is so busy doing his Broadway shows and other movies so it would be difficult to schedule.

So I'm guessing in Deadpool 3 he brings them all back after dieing  crazy ways lol

Maybe someone else could do Wolverine...or they could pay Jackman and use his CGI like they did in Logan

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Maybe someone else could do Wolverine...or they could pay Jackman and use his CGI like they did in Logan

Now Peter Dinklage is done with Game of Thrones maybe he could be the new Wolverine, people always complained Jackman was too tall. :whistle: