• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

484 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Lending out Deadpool could be an incredibly strong negotiating tactic for Disney to use toward Sony to re-up the Spider-man deal. 

The fate of Deadpool remains unclear, despite Disney promising to have plans for everyone's favorite R-rated mercenary who never shuts his mouth. With Ryan Reynolds having portrayed the character in a pair of fan-favorite movies so far, the deal between Fox and Disney has seemingly put the character on hold momentarily as no news of a third movie has spawned despite Deadpool 2 being a critical and box office success. Now, Deadpool 2 director Daivd Leitch has shared where he is at with the potential next installment while talking to ComicBook.com at the world premiere of his Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.

By the sound of it, Leitch has not yet been approached for a third Deadpool movie -- but he is up to the task whenever the phone rings.

"In everybody's world, everybody wants to make it," Leitch said. "So, if I was ever approached to make Deadpool 3, my answer would be, 'Hell yes,' but I think there's a lot of things going on in the shake up with Fox and Disney and where that whole Marvel world after Endgame is gonna be. When the dust settles, let's hope that Deadpoool lives. That's kind of ironic, right?"

Of course, the post-Endgame world of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has endless possibilities as a multiverse has spawned within the big screen world. How Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige plans to incorporate the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool characters previously owned by Fox remains a mystery.

Still, Leitch has a few thoughts on how to pull off that integration. "I have a lot of ideas but I'm keeping them close to my vest so, if they ever come and I'm grateful enough for them to call, I can share all my crazy ideas," Leitch says.

First Disney kids firecrackers popped.

Filmmaker David Leitch has discussed the future of the Deadpool franchise, saying that the third installment doesn't necessarily have to be an R-rated film.

Ever since Disney acquired Fox's Marvel characters, people have been wondering how the Merc with a Mouth might make the jump into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with his R-rated antics. Now, Leitch has assured fans that he thinks they will be able to "find a happy ground."

"It's rated R so that’s not necessarily the [MCU] brand but he doesn't necessarily need to be R and [Disney] don't necessarily need to only make PG-13 movies," the director told Yahoo Movies UK in a recent interview. "I think we’ll find a happy ground."

:whatthe:

Edited by Bosco685

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

First Disney kids firecrackers popped.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Filmmaker David Leitch has discussed the future of the Deadpool franchise, saying that the third installment doesn't necessarily have to be an R-rated film.

Ever since Disney acquired Fox's Marvel characters, people have been wondering how the Merc with a Mouth might make the jump into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with his R-rated antics. Now, Leitch has assured fans that he thinks they will be able to "find a happy ground."

"It's rated R so that’s not necessarily the [MCU] brand but he doesn't necessarily need to be R and [Disney] don't necessarily need to only make PG-13 movies," the director told Yahoo Movies UK in a recent interview. "I think we’ll find a happy ground."

:whatthe:

Yes he does. Any stand alone Deadpool movie should be R. I'd even be fine if Deadpool existed in his own quasi-separate world in order for that to be the case. 

The happy ground they speak of should be Deadpool appearing in other MCU movies that aren't necessarily rated R.

It’s been over a year since Deadpool 2 hit theaters, but the film’s star is still sharing some fun behind-the-scenes content from the movie’s set. Ryan Reynolds, who is known to Marvel fans for playing Deadpool/Wade Wilson, recently took to Instagram to post a video featuring Josh Brolin, who played Cable in the movie. The video shows the two men chatting before Dopinder's cab comes crashing through the background.

“In fairness, Waze always finds the shortest route to work. #Dopinder,” Reynolds wrote.

Many people commented on the post, including the actor who plays Dopinder.

“The lengths I go to get your attention 😩,” Karan Soni joked.

Edited by Bosco685

41 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Has there been any updates on Xforce appearing in Deadpool 3 and has the Rock as Kane rumor been put to rest?

Nothing Deadpool or X-Force related has come out as of yet. Radio silence, or radio dead right now.

The questions that do remain, however, is how and when Marvel Studios plans to bring the character over. In one recent interview, Deadpool scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick aren't entirely sure of the answers — they just hope to do the movie right whenever the time comes.

“The plan and the hope is that Marvel allows us to continue Deadpool in his R-rated universe that he lives in and also, hopefully over time, we get to play a little bit in the MCU sandbox as well,” Wernick told io9 in an interview supporting the duo's work on Zombieland: Double Tap.

According to Reese, that's all undetermined as it stands now. “Marvel’s a rich universe of both heroes and also, wonderfully, villains, so we would love to see Deadpool enter that universe in a fun way. It’s just about figuring out how and when," Reese added.

“[Plus] Ryan [Reynolds] is very busy and the transition has delayed everything because you just don’t know,” the writer continued. “[Marvel Studios] is figuring out the next version of the MCU obviously and that’s its own beast. Then you throw Deadpool in there and the X-Men and stuff, and it’s crazy.”

EXCLUSIVE: REESE & WERNICK ON KEEPING DEADPOOL'S R-RATING UNDER DISNEY

While speaking with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick during the ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP press-tour, our own JimmyO asked the DEADPOOL screenwriters if they had any concerns about keeping Deadpool's R-rated humour and violence intact under Disney's Marvel.

"I think the good news is, I think Marvel knows what they have in the property. There is a promise that we're going to continue to explore DEADPOOL and its R-rated universe. And then the great news, the great wrinkle on top of that is that, you know, moving forward, the hope is that we get to jump into the MCU sandbox a little bit and play with some of their toys too and bring DEADPOOL into that world. So it's a wonderful new adventure that we're all looking forward to diving into. It’s timing that’s the one issue, in the sense that Ryan [Reynolds] is super busy, as we are, and then the other issue is finding that right idea. Very much like ZOMBIELAND, we weren't doing it unless it's great, you know, or if we think we can make it great. So it's finding that right idea. And, you know, we’ve got a text chain going with Ryan in that, sometimes you get going at three in the morning if we wake up in the middle of the night. And then we think we've discovered the next great idea for DEADPOOL only to wake up the next morning and realize that it was mess. We’re constantly kicking around ideas and once we land on something that we all get excited about, I think it'll be off to the races pending schedule."

Getting to see Deadpool interact with other Marvel characters is always a delight, and now that he's a part of the MCU, his universe has greatly expanded with hundreds of new characters to play around with. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are still looking at which MCU characters would fit into the DEADPOOL universe, but Reese said that he's "sadly mourning Chris Evans' departure because I always wanted Captain America and Deadpool to have to deal with each other."

"That would have been amazing. But I think we need to, ourselves, take a look at how the Marvel Universe is shaking out and find the characters that are really good foils for Deadpool," Reese continued. "Like, you know, we always liked characters who feel like if you drop them in a room with Deadpool, they would immediately be in conflict with them because of his ridiculous, irreverent personality. Now, that may apply to anything, but the Marvel Universe is certainly full of those kinds of characters. And then also villains. They have much better villains on that side than Fox had in their stable. So that'll be great when it comes down to finding antagonists."