• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

468 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Justice League also suffered because of this meddling.

I know because there was supposed to be a Darkseid scene. I've only watched Justice League twice, the first time I really enjoyed it with Steppenwolf I thought it was a good job, but then the 2nd time I watched it I didn't feel the same.

I really want to be intimidated by the villain ie Thanos or Apocalypse (not saying apocalypse was a good movie)

I would feel that way about Darkseid

24 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
36 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Two versions is only a matter of the editing room. It's not as complicated as you think...They generally shoot several different camera angles during a movie. The swearing is easily edited out and can be done during ---script writing.

For me personally I enjoy a darker storyline like Dark Knight....Deadpool gets an R rating purely based on the amount of verbal diarrhea....

It's entirely unnecessary expense of time, money, and focus though.

I want a director's full focus on their 1 goal.

You can already see the result of your wish by watching the BvS Theatrical Cut. It's simply nothing compared to Snyder's vision.

I think there's blame on the Studio and the director.

The studio has to lay out what they're looking for in terms of a -script and director.  If they want a PG-13 movie with a certain running time and budget, they need to make sure the director understands and can make the best movie within those parameters.  Its their responisibility to research the directors properly, and not force a movie to be made if they can't find the right fit.

The director should be sure he can make his best movie within those parameters, making a movie that is 75% better but not within the set parameters doesn't mean you're a better or worse director, but probably means you're not the right director for the job.

For example, I'm pretty sure the Deadpool people got exactly what everyone expected.

Does anyone think the Studio and Snyder was on the same wavelength for BvS and Justice League?  Or was DC under the clock because they felt competitive with Marvel, so they rushed into all kinds of stuff?

Everyone needs to make sure their expectations are in line, but if they're not, I think ultimately the responsibility falls on management.

5 minutes ago, revat said:

Everyone needs to make sure their expectations are in line, but if they're not, I think ultimately the responsibility falls on management.

And it shows in the box office.

Doesn't matter how much money you throw at it if the movie is half assed

8 minutes ago, revat said:

The studio has to lay out what they're looking for in terms of a --script and director.  If they want a PG-13 movie with a certain running time and budget, they need to make sure the director understands and can make the best movie within those parameters.  Its their responisibility to research the directors properly, and not force a movie to be made if they can't find the right fit.

The director should be sure he can make his best movie within those parameters, making a movie that is 75% better but not within the set parameters doesn't mean you're a better or worse director, but probably means you're not the right director for the job.

For example, I'm pretty sure the Deadpool people got exactly what everyone expected.

Does anyone think the Studio and Snyder was on the same wavelength for BvS and Justice League?  Or was DC under the clock because they felt competitive with Marvel, so they rushed into all kinds of stuff?

It wasn't even Worlds of DC - it was Warner Bros.

Zack Snyder was basically their Kevin Feige. The difference between Marvel Studios and WB is that Feige knows movies like Infinity War and Endgame need to be 2.5-3 hours. Warner Bros just want their bonus checks.

Disney gives Marvel Studios their distance and creative control. WB thought that more showings = more money (regarding BvS). A better movie = more money. I would've seen the Snyder Cut in theaters more than twice.

I think I'm supposed to include this with a huge image, and 48 pt font.

With a plethora of Marvel Studios projects in the pipeline to kick off Phase 4, the new series on Disney+ streaming service, and the impending debuts of the Fox library of characters including the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, the future is bright for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And when it comes to the Fox deal, there's only one character who is making it out of Disney's acquisition without suffering from a reboot, and that's the Merc' With the Mouth himself Deadpool. New production listings might indicate Deadpool 3 is already in the works.

According to a report from HNEntertainment, Disney has filed for a new limited liability corporation for an upcoming production; the name of the company could indicate Disney and Marvel's plans, as it is known simply as Finger Guns Productions LLC.

It's possible this could be for another Marvel project, though the only other announced movie or series in development that would be Hawkeye, considering the hero uses his fingers to launch projectiles much like a gun if we're doing some mental backflips to explain the name. Of course, production company names and working titles are little more than code words.

After Ryan Reynolds teased his meeting with the company, it seems like Marvel Studios is gearing up for the third installment in the Deadpool series — though it remains to be seen just how they'll handle incorporating the character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Finger Guns? :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

The calculated irony of Ashley Banfield's thick, black frames has suffered endless permutations. One day, very soon, just like tattoos, it'll stop, all of a sudden.

I'll be in constructed black yoga pants when it does. 

Edited by TupennyConan

1 hour ago, TupennyConan said:

The calculated irony of Ashley Banfield's thick, black frames has suffered endless permutations. One day, very soon, just like tattoos, it'll stop, all of a sudden.

I'll be in constructed black yoga pants when it does. 

???

Is there anyone reading this, that knows what this means ???

Work is now underway on the first Marvel Studios' Deadpool film, according to the film franchise's star/co-writer/producer Ryan Reynolds.

While appearing on ABC's Live with Kelly and Ryan earlier this week, the actor was asked about progress on the film - and he answered in the affirmative.

"Yeah yeah, we're working on it with the whole team," Reynolds said. "We're over at Marvel now - it's the big leagues all of a sudden."

Reynolds doesn't specify who "the whole team" is, but presumably it would include the writers of the previous films, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Deadpool 2 director David Leitch has also expressed interest in returning for a sequel.

11 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

Is this happening?

From the article I posted on 12/27, Ryan Reynolds shared on a talk show yes - he is working with the MCU now on early production work.

Now how long this takes will be interesting.