• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

518 posts in this topic

As Deadpool gears up for a debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the team behind the foul-mouthed character has their work cut out for them as they transition in from an alternate universe. Deadpool co-writer Rhett Reese says no one should be "shocked to see a really fun crossover," which makes sense -- if any character can make the cinematic universe jump, it's the self-aware Deadpool portrayed by Ryan Reynolds. There hasn't been a release date or production start revealed for a third Deadpool movie just yet but Reynolds having a meeting with Marvel Studios is certainly a step in such a direction. For Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, this is an exciting time as their sandbox just got a whole lot bigger with almost all of Marvel's character catalog now at their disposal.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are the geniuses behind the stories and humor of the Deadpool movies, something they brought back to the Zombieland world for Zombieland: Double Tap. With their Zombieland sequel hitting theaters this weekend, Wernick and Reese already looking forward to the inevitable Deadpool 3 in the MCU. While the duo admits to ComicBook.com that they have not yet met with Marvel Studios for the project, they're in constant contact with Reynolds as it nears.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Deadpool doesn't belong in the MCU. He just doesn't fit. He works well on his own.

And I used to say the same of Spider-Man and the Avengers universe. With all the jokes and winks and nods the MCU inserts in its more comedic movies like Ragnarok or Guardians of the Galaxy (Howard the Duck cameo?), I think Deadpool would be a great fit in the MCU. I’m wondering if the MCU tones down the 4th wall breaking though

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

And I used to say the same of Spider-Man and the Avengers universe. With all the jokes and winks and nods the MCU inserts in its more comedic movies like Ragnarok or Guardians of the Galaxy (Howard the Duck cameo?), I think Deadpool would be a great fit in the MCU. I’m wondering if the MCU tones down the 4th wall breaking though

His R-rated content is valuable to his character's success. He cannot accomplish that in the PG-13 MCU.

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

His R-rated content is valuable to his character's success. He cannot accomplish that in the PG-13 MCU.

I think if you remove the F-bombs and the monkey spanking shot from Deadpool, the movie still works. James Gunn and Guardians of the Galaxy constantly skirt that PG-13 line with the gross anatomy jokes and s-bombs.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think if you remove the F-bombs and the monkey spanking shot from Deadpool, the movie still works. James Gunn and Guardians of the Galaxy constantly skirt that PG-13 line with the gross anatomy jokes and s-bombs.

I watched a censored version with someone who hadn't seen it. It didn't work.

39 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

6 trillion*

And that doesn't include 'animals' across the universe.

Movies need to be emotionally connected to the context...people are going to swear...superheroes are going to have intimate relationships...all marvel movies should have 2 versions 1 for adults and 1 for teenagers, it all comes down to the editing, and for me personally I look forward to a Deadpool movie differently than I would a Avengers but that doesnt neccesarily mean I don't feel it needs a bit more adult overtones too it.

12 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Movies need to be emotionally connected to the context...people are going to swear...superheroes are going to have intimate relationships...all marvel movies should have 2 versions 1 for adults and 1 for teenagers, it all comes down to the editing, and for me personally I look forward to a Deadpool movie differently than I would a Avengers but that doesnt neccesarily mean I don't feel it needs a bit more adult overtones too it.

That's an awful idea - for both the consumer and especially the studio. It's bad enough that we sometimes need Director's Cuts. Bloating film budgets for 2 separate cuts - and giving a director 2 different visions to manage - it's just too much.

Most comic book characters work under PG-13 guidelines. As we've seen with Deadpool and Logan - others also work under less-constrained guidelines.

The Avengers was almost Rated-R because of Phil Coulson's death. The MPAA has 'loosened' its criteria for ratings in recent years.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's an awful idea - for both the consumer and especially the studio. It's bad enough that we sometimes need Director's Cuts. Bloating film budgets for 2 separate cuts - and giving a director 2 different visions to manage - it's just too much.

Two versions is only a matter of the editing room. It's not as complicated as you think...They generally shoot several different camera angles during a movie. The swearing is easily edited out and can be done during -script writing.

For me personally I enjoy a darker storyline like Dark Knight....Deadpool gets an R rating purely based on the amount of verbal diarrhea....

9 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Two versions is only a matter of the editing room. It's not as complicated as you think...They generally shoot several different camera angles during a movie. The swearing is easily edited out and can be done during --script writing.

For me personally I enjoy a darker storyline like Dark Knight....Deadpool gets an R rating purely based on the amount of verbal diarrhea....

It's entirely unnecessary expense of time, money, and focus though.

I want a director's full focus on their 1 goal.

You can already see the result of your wish by watching the BvS Theatrical Cut. It's simply nothing compared to Snyder's vision.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You can already see the result of your wish by watching the BvS Theatrical Cut. It's simply nothing compared to Snyder's vision.

Probably one of the main reasons he walked away. People need creative freedom, no argument here, and studios need to stay out of it

Edited by Hollywood1892

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Probably one of the main reasons he walked away. People need creative freedom, no argument here, and studios need to stay out of it

He was fired by WB. He didn't resign. They exploited his child's death to eliminate him. Justice League also suffered because of this meddling.