• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, D84 said:

Sorry, I double checked and it was Ridley Scott.🤦‍♂️

paul_Dune.gif.49452317aa42c0114a3b3fa5508dc763.gif

"Time is the mind-killer, not fear. It leads to forgetfulness and confusion. I'm confused already who I am. Where I am. Why are my pants wet?"

(:

Will everything about the movie please me as a hardcore fan with high expectations of everything in general, let alone something this gargantuan? 

Of course not. I'll find something to hate, even though I've waited nearly all my life for a decent screen adaptation. 

That wouldn't stop me from three-toed Dinosaur stomping your wheel-chair-riding, old and greasy nanny into the dirt on my way to the theater to watch the movie.. 

On 9/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, wombat said:

Picked this up at a flea market this weekend. I've been meaning to watch these based on recommendations in this thread. 

IMG_3137.JPG

I enjoyed Children of Dune starring actor James McEvoy (pre-prof. X) :acclaim: tv/dvd better.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Does it matter what order I watch Dune or Children of Dune (The TV series)?

Would make more sense to watch the DVD's in order due to the flashbacks in 'Children of Dune' but 'Children' could be viewed as a stand alone TV series.

52 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Would make more sense to watch the DVD's in order due to the flashbacks in 'Children of Dune' but 'Children' could be viewed as a stand alone TV series.

Thanks. Since I only have Dune at the moment that works.