• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, wombat said:

That artwork is fantastic! But wow. $650 per limited book.

Villeneuve's upcoming adaptation, which was delayed from its December release date to October 1, 2021, is one of the most anticipated upcoming films. Starring Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac, and Rebecca Ferguson, the movie will adapt the first half of Herbet's original novel, a dense sci-fi masterpiece. With the film set to premiere in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously on its release date, fan anticipation is high. First looks at the film have only temporarily assuaged fan's fears that the film won't live up to their expectations.

Brian Herbert himself, though, is helping to put those fears to rest. In an interview with Inverse, Herbert revealed that he visited the Budapest set and had only praise to heap upon the cast and crew. After seeing the trailer and visiting the set, Herbert is confident that fans will be pleased with the adaptation. He and his wife got to watch the cast film several scenes during their visit and he was impressed by the scale of the production. Herbert said:

"I was very impressed by the trailer, and I was thrilled to actually be on the movie set in Budapest last year, where my wife and I watched the filming of several scenes. This is a really big movie, a major project that will forever be considered the definitive film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s classic novel. Fans are going to love this movie. Denis Villeneuve is the perfect director to do ‘Dune."

Herbert's confidence will be reassuring to fans worried that Villeneuve wouldn't be able to pull it off. Although Lynch's version has become somewhat of a cult classic since its release, it still fails to capture the spirit and visual flair of the novel. With years of innovations in special effects between Lynch and Villeneuve's adaptations, the director has all the tools at his disposal to make an amazing movie. Still, lots of pressure comes when adapting what many call the greatest science fiction novel of all time.

23 minutes ago, piper said:

I read his thoughts a few days ago. His assumption by October 2021 everything is going to be fully addressed based on 'medical experts' needs to go back and watch the most recent news. In the USA alone they are saying 100% of everyone living in the country would need to get a vaccine for anyone to assume we will be back to normal later in 2021.

I get he wanted to be consulted in advance, and feel like his opinion was factored into the WB plan. But his additional details are not factual.

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I read his thoughts a few days ago. His assumption by October 2021 everything is going to be fully addressed based on 'medical experts' needs to go back and watch the most recent news. In the USA alone they are saying 100% of everyone living in the country would need to get a vaccine for anyone to assume we will be back to normal later in 2021.

I get he wanted to be consulted in advance, and feel like his opinion was factored into the WB plan. But his additional details are not factual.

Yeah, there is no way everyone in this country gets vaccinated.  I'm going to say that we will be doing well if 50% of the country is vaccinated by October.

Dune has repeatedly been screwed up.  It is not a single movie it is a trilogy.  Paul is not 26 years old he is a small 15 year old.  Bene Gesserits dont whine.  

2 hours ago, kav said:

Dune has repeatedly been screwed up.  It is not a single movie it is a trilogy.  Paul is not 26 years old he is a small 15 year old.  Bene Gesserits dont whine.  

The voice also doesn't sound like a demon gargling broken glass.

9 minutes ago, D84 said:

The voice also doesn't sound like a demon gargling broken glass.

THANK YOU!
Man I was angry when Alia went excorcist.  David lynch = DUMB

You start a movie with 5 minutes of exposition and YOU HAVE ALREADY BLOWN IT!
And no, guild steersmen do not allow themselves to be seen!!! :pullhair:
Tani Zhor on Twitter: "Next year, they're going to have to roll her out  like a Guild Navigator from David Lynch's 'Dune' film.⦠ https://t.co/QuwtPe1lmr"

Dune will move from an Oct. 1 release to Oct. 22, available day-and-date in on HBO Max and in theaters, also in 3D and IMAX formats. Insiders say that the move was prompted by the want to give the film more distance from Bond, which opens Oct. 8.

The sci-fi adventure film will take over the date previously held by Clint Eastwood’s latest, Cry Macho, which will move from to Sept. 17. Also a part of the shuffle is the Sopranos prequel The Many Saints of Newark that will move back a week to an Oct. 1 date.