• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last sale info for Hulk 181 CGC 9.8
1 1

44 posts in this topic

RAD176E720101223_12568.jpg

From this thread.

comiclink site

Great find. Perfect spine and presentation. You can tell the underlying pages line up basically perfectly with the front cover so no overhang issue in the corners.

Nevertheless, is this book really worth $150K in most collector's minds. hm

My own personal point of view is that there are oddles of other books that I would lay out $150K for (even if I had this kind of money) before it ever got around to this copy of Hulk 181.

But to each their own, I would have to say. (thumbs u

havent seen one sell on eBay... So how about comiclink auctions, heritage or etc...

Thanks in advance...

One sold on Heritage for 11,352.50 (includes buyers premium) on November 17.

--Phil

My only question is will a Hulk 181 in CGC 9.8 grade ever be able to catch up in valuation to an Iron Man 30 in CGC 9.8 condition which sold for a lot more money, even though it did not have White pages? hm:screwy:

Just imagine what it would have gone for if it had White pages. lol

havent seen one sell on eBay... So how about comiclink auctions, heritage or etc...

Thanks in advance...

Here is a link to the most recent ComicLink auction result for a Hulk #181 CGC 9.8

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAdmin%2FCL%2Fauctions%2Easp&id=1150380&next=%2FComicTrack%2FAdmin%2FCL%2Fauctions%2Easp

Sold for $15,000

No matter what grade you are able to obtain might I suggest striving for perfect centering and no less than oww pages. There may come a day you sell and those attributes make selling easier and likely a few more bucks. Don't just settle for any ole 181 now.

Thanks in advance...

Here is a link to the most recent ComicLink auction result for a Hulk #181 CGC 9.8

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAdmin%2FCL%2Fauctions%2Easp&id=1150380&next=%2FComicTrack%2FAdmin%2FCL%2Fauctions%2Easp

Sold for $15,000

Solid!

Will Hulk 181 start to drop in price or just continue to grow? The book is only hot if Wolverine is hot. So my real question is Wolverine going to have the legs of a Spiderman or Batman? I know he is hot now and will be for 10 more years but 20 years? 30?

Will Hulk 181 start to drop in price or just continue to grow?

They will most probably continue to increase in value for collectors, albeit at a slower pace, in all condition grades, except for the uber high grades. (thumbs u

Those might drop off quite a bit as more and more of them are "manufactured", especially in the eyes of speculators once Wolverine loses his hotness factor. hm

Well, In my opinion  CGC gradings have only a cursory relationship to the eye appeal of a book.  For example, I have been looking for a high grade 181 for some time.  The majority of 9.8 181's have various spine stressses/breaks which render them out of the running for me, still more have registraton issues.  The 9.9, while free of spine defects and registration issues has a blunt upper right corner which also puts it out of the running for me.  I have seen several 9.6's that would get my nod before almost all 9.8 scans I have seen as well as the 9.9. 

My 2 cents, FWIW.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:00 PM, Musicfirst said:

Well, In my opinion  CGC gradings have only a cursory relationship to the eye appeal of a book.  For example, I have been looking for a high grade 181 for some time.  The majority of 9.8 181's have various spine stressses/breaks which render them out of the running for me, still more have registraton issues.  The 9.9, while free of spine defects and registration issues has a blunt upper right corner which also puts it out of the running for me.  I have seen several 9.6's that would get my nod before almost all 9.8 scans I have seen as well as the 9.9. 

My 2 cents, FWIW.

So, out of curiosity: why didn't you acquire instead one of the terrific looking 9.6s?