• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Con 2017
2 2

87 posts in this topic

It was a good show. Sold some stuff, bought some stuff, and enjoyed it all. Got a chance to see a lot of board guys and that's always fun. I really liked that their was a nice bar and restaurant not 10 feet from the show. It made meeting up with folks very easy. Art wise the only really new stuff was at Anthony's table. He bought the Long Island collection and it seemed to have a lot of mid level marvel bronze and cooper art. When i started to think about it, it was a good buy but it was only gonna be good for an established mega dealer like him who could carry and peel off material over a year or two. He sold a lot of it at the show though, even I bought a few of the pages off him.

This is the only show I travel for anymore, I'm never disappointed or wish I hadn't made the trip. 

3 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

I honestly don't know their full names or contact info. Maybe Gene can chime in as he was set up next to them.

The Hughes Dr. Strange cover was 11k, but wasn't there later on in the day. Not sure if it was sold.

Thanks for posting the photos.  I also would like to know the three collectors contact info.  I am interested in the McFarlane Spider-Man 13 page and Spectacular Spider-Man 8 cover.  Does anyone know the asking price or if they sold?  

I'm one of the three amigos from the mystery table. Both Spidey pieces attracted a lot of attention, but went unsold. The McF Spider-Man 13 dps was 50k. I don't recall the price for the PPSSM 8, but if it was cheap it would already be with a new owner.

Anyone interested in a quote from any of the pieces in that pic should PM me their email address & item of interest. For the record, they're my buddy's pieces. I don't own any of the art in that pic. My stuff was on the next rack over.

2 hours ago, DJRome said:

I'm one of the three amigos from the mystery table. Both Spidey pieces attracted a lot of attention, but went unsold. The McF Spider-Man 13 dps was 50k. I don't recall the price for the PPSSM 8, but if it was cheap it would already be with a new owner.

Anyone interested in a quote from any of the pieces in that pic should PM me their email address & item of interest. For the record, they're my buddy's pieces. I don't own any of the art in that pic. My stuff was on the next rack over.

Thanks for the info concerning the McFarlane Spider-Man 13 DPS.  I am definitely not interested in it at 50K.  You guys have some really great pieces though.  

2 hours ago, DJRome said:

hi,

do you know the price of the lois lane cover and are you the owner?

12 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

I honestly don't know their full names or contact info. Maybe Gene can chime in as he was set up next to them.

Not sure if 2 of the 3 want to have their names out there (for privacy, work or other reasons) as they weren't listed on the exhibitor list.  I would PM "Dan Jerome" (DJRome) if anyone needs to get in touch with the other two gentlemen.

12 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I hear that there is another group organizing one for early 2018 in SoCal...

I wonder if it would attract a few new faces (dealers and customers) who can't travel all the way east...

I think the California show idea has a few problems.

1. Already have S.D. and WonderCon with lots of art

2. Are very far away from most major dealers and collectors.

3. Costs associated with doing a California show could be huge on the promoter.

I think what would be more likely would be a Chicago area show. Still a possible destination for East coast collectors. Becomes much more feasible for Midwestern folks (which might be as large a collector base as east coast by now)... AND it takes hours off travel for most mountain time zone and West Coast collectors if they want to fly. Also, if you have it outside of the city costs go down substantially while still being accessible (from what I've been told anyway).

But as said before, all of this is a moot point if a third party doesnt really want to invest the hours and dollars into creating and promoting this.