• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst issues of Amazing Spider Man
1 1

102 posts in this topic

The original Amazing Spiderman from the 1960s to the 1990s.

Worst issues I think are from 161 to 186.

Peter didnt graduate from college because he skipped Gym class

Phew. ASM #160 Spider-Mobile issue is safe.

IMG_1805_zpsiehqm3av.jpg

Prolly 'cause he gets his mojo back.

IMG_1808_zpsnqnpxfch.jpg

I stopped reading it shortly after 300...

I did too! The last issue I bought off the racks was #301, and I thought #300 was pretty lame.

The McFarlane run gets a lot of love from folks here I respect, but for me it was missing almost everything I love about the character. Some nice covers for sure but that was about it.

I stopped reading it shortly after 300...

I did too! The last issue I bought off the racks was #301, and I thought #300 was pretty lame.

The McFarlane run gets a lot of love from folks here I respect, but for me it was missing almost everything I love about the character. Some nice covers for sure but that was about it.

I think that so many of the issues from 262-297 were so bad that McFarlane was a huge relief to read for me. Someone else mentioned 264, but there were so many stinkers from that time it is hard to pick just one. Spider kid in 263, the secret wars 2 stuff, etc, etc. I got into comics about that time, and if it wasn't for back issues of ASM, it would have been rough going.

Kraven's last hunt was good, and I loved the Hobgoblin, but there were more stinkers in that run than hits.

Which issue reveals that Gwen slept with Norman Osborn?

There are no ASM issues like that. There may be ASM (v.2) or ASM (v.37) issues that contain garbage like that, but none of those are relevant to the question posed by the OP... or in general.

There are no ASM issues like that. There may be ASM (v.2) or ASM (v.37) issues that contain garbage like that, but none of those are relevant to the question posed by the OP... or in general.

Volume 2 issue 68

:D

Volume 2 issue 68

:D

The original Amazing Spiderman from the 1960s to the 1990s.

As in ASM 1-441 (and the -1 "Flashback" issue, and maybe the 30-ish Annuals, and perhaps the 2 issues of Amazing Scarlet Spider that briefly replaced ASM). Volume 2 or 3 or 7 or 548 or whatever Marvel is on now (other than crack) need not apply.

Whoever mentioned issue 248 for original Amazing Spider Man.

Thank you lol.

Now i know to skip and not buy the back issue when I go to the comic book shop next week and half in December.

Any other awful dumb issues of original Amazing Spider Man i should skip on?

By the way even for Spectacular Spider Man, I hated Vermin and the weird Banjo redneck issues.

I got burned out on the whole Vermin stuff back then. good lord lol

I think ASM 1-33 (plus annual 1 and AF 15) was possibly the greatest single comic run of all time, but the last Ditko issues (34-38 and annual 2) really took a sharp downturn overall.

I'm about to finish that run. On issue 28 now. I've really enjoyed it. I have the second omnibus that begins Romita's run.

How is the early Romita's stuff?

How is the early Romita's stuff?

Great. GG, Rhino, return of good villains, Kingpin, a few sub plots, then the slightly soapy Gwen romance starts picking up late 50s/60s, but it was cool to see him finally trending up with his luck with the mopey stuff.

Recently read 1-122 myself.

Whoever mentioned issue 248 for original Amazing Spider Man.

Thank you lol.

Now i know to skip and not buy the back issue when I go to the comic book shop next week and half in December.

Any other awful dumb issues of original Amazing Spider Man i should skip on?

By the way even for Spectacular Spider Man, I hated Vermin and the weird Banjo redneck issues.

I got burned out on the whole Vermin stuff back then. good lord lol

If you don't already have ASM 248, buy it!

Don't follow the leader. :insane: