• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boston Comic Con - August 11-13, 2017 New Venue New Dates 10th Anniversary
3 3

122 posts in this topic

2017 is an exciting year for Boston Comic Con as it will be celebrating it's 10th anniversary!

The show has established a strong reputation for delivering the ultimate fan experience in New England and we look forward to continuing this tradition with some exciting announcements! Tickets go on sale on March 1, 2017.

Personally I'm excited to be working with the Boston Comic Con team to continue to deliver quality comic book creator guests and programming.

New Venue! – Now At The Boston Convention And Exhibition Center (415 Summer Street)

New Dates! – August 11-13, 2017

More Creators and Celebrities than Ever Before!

Over 50,000 Fans

Over 200,000 Sq Ft

Over 500 Exhibits

http://bostoncomiccon.com/

15267558_1173378756045214_9025692977305387333_n.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Before the Marathon Bombing it was at the Hines Convention Ctr. and since then it's been over at the Seaport Landing (world trade ctr) and is now moving since it's been sold at the conclusion of last years show just across the way to the bigger Boston Convention ctr , home of the Car show.

One of the Boston shows was at the Westin hotel, which is attached to the BCEC. But that may have been before the move to the Hines from the....there was another place downtown by the Berkeley school it was at for awhile too.

I believe they started in the Bay Back Convention Center, moved on to the Westin in the seaport, then the Hines Convention Hall, and finally the World Trade Center.

Not sure what it will be like with the new owners at the BCEC. Hope ticket prices aren't going up. $40 for a day (plus parking/T fare) made it tough.

The Boston Comiccon was run by Fred Greenberg back in the late 70's early 80's and held on the 6th floor once a year. I attended this show and even set up there and actually sold books to Fred. I remember Fred picking out a small handful of UXM248 and telling me that this Jim Lee guy is gonna be something else.

It would be nice is Boston could have an actual "comic book" convention. You know like back in the day. Something like Terry's show in California. The big gala shows are not for us true comic book fans. We don't want to wait in lines around the building, pay excessive admission prices, fight through crowds of costumed creatures. Point is that there is less and less focus each year about comic books. Not to mention that if you attend a show in the New England area, well they are all clumped together and weeks apart. Same dealers, same books. I have absolutely no reason to set up or attend Boston this year. I can just drive out to Teds Superworld Comics for a fraction of the cost just to park. I can avoid crowds and likely make a better deal between Ted and myself as we both will be saving on expenses. Honestly every time I purchase at Boston, it's usually from Ted anyway. A comic book only show would be something I would like to see around here, if not I have no problem flying out to CA every year to Terry's and passing on all the NE shows. 

Sounds like you need a good one day dealer only show to develop in the area. Plus, I love Ted (who doesn't) and I'm sure he'd be happy to see you anytime, anyplace.

We're going to differ on what is a "real" or "true" comic book convention. Are the comic fans that do support this event somehow "fake" fans or not "real" fans? As I get older I definitely feel a lot of "get off my lawn moments" (for example I HATE standing in line) but we're obviously very wide apart on what makes a "comic book" convention. Mine includes comic book guests, programming, a variety of dealers selling comics from different eras, graphic novels and related merchandise.

Sorry we have no appeal for you, but comics are still a huge part of Boston Comic Con and we'll be announcing the first wave of comic guests for this show very soon.

I think what he means is that a lot shows aren't about the comics anymore, but rather media and pop culture driven. People are buying other things other than comics. Which is fine of course but it would be nice to see the comics themselves be the star attraction and not some TV show celeb signing autographs for 2 hours

We feel it's important for Boston Comic Con to maintain its pro-comics stance, which couldn't make our comics team happier. That being said, there WILL be celebrities signing, there will be people selling things other than comics. There will likely be lines... and there are ways to plan accordingly to minimize frustrations, such as going at non-peak times after the initial rush of people.

First comic guests for BOSTON COMIC CON announced today:

JOHN ROMITA JR.
DAVID FINCH
TOM KING
HUMBERTO RAMOS
MIKE ZECK
JAE LEE
PHIL JIMENEZ
PHIL NOTO
CLAY MANN
KEVIN MAGUIRE
FRANCISCO HERRARA
TONY HARRIS
JOE JUSKO
MEREDITH FINCH
MICHAEL CHO
DON ROSA

16708379_1244297652286657_6068635070529628746_n.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

21 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

First comic guests for BOSTON COMIC CON announced today:

JOHN ROMITA JR.
DAVID FINCH
TOM KING
HUMBERTO RAMOS
MIKE ZECK
JAE LEE
PHIL JIMENEZ
PHIL NOTO
CLAY MANN
KEVIN MAGUIRE
FRANCISCO HERRARA
TONY HARRIS
JOE JUSKO
MEREDITH FINCH
MICHAEL CHO
DON ROSA

Don Rosa :banana:

On 2/8/2017 at 2:05 PM, Junkdrawer said:

It would be nice is Boston could have an actual "comic book" convention. You know like back in the day. Something like Terry's show in California. The big gala shows are not for us true comic book fans. We don't want to wait in lines around the building, pay excessive admission prices, fight through crowds of costumed creatures. Point is that there is less and less focus each year about comic books. Not to mention that if you attend a show in the New England area, well they are all clumped together and weeks apart. Same dealers, same books. I have absolutely no reason to set up or attend Boston this year. I can just drive out to Teds Superworld Comics for a fraction of the cost just to park. I can avoid crowds and likely make a better deal between Ted and myself as we both will be saving on expenses. Honestly every time I purchase at Boston, it's usually from Ted anyway. A comic book only show would be something I would like to see around here, if not I have no problem flying out to CA every year to Terry's and passing on all the NE shows. 

I agree parking is real terrible in Boston.One thing I suggest if you do go to the Boston Con is take an Uber. Uber is like so cheap,and they pick you up like in under 10 minutes. Uber is so much better than driving my car or taking a taxi to Boston. Uber is stress free. 

2nd wave of comic guests!

J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
ADAM KUBERT 
ADAM HUGHES
ART ADAMS
JIMMY CHEUNG
SEAN GORDON MURPHY
CHAD HARDIN
PETER TOMASI
RYAN STEGMAN
NICK BRADSHAW
JOYCE CHIN