• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Online Submission Form!
1 1

86 posts in this topic

Just tried out the form. I like it overall, very smooth and the automation is great.

Some feedback:

1) My membership discount was not applied during checkout. Are there plans to fix this going forward? I can't see a lot of folks using the new form if their discount won't be applied.

2) Would it be possible to add an option for Signature Series to the online form for those who work with facilitators and want to submit books on their own CGC account? It's been said that the reason Signature Series form were taken offline is because people had a hard time filling them out. It would seem that the automation built into this new form should eliminate that.

This feedback is so valuable! Thank you. If you go in now and try again you should see your discount applied. I think it was being glitchy. That has been fixed.

We have plans to incorporate Signature Series a little further down the line.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We really appreciate it.

The discount is now being applied. :whee:

One other thing I noticed - if you select ship under my self-insured FedEx account, a shipping charge for FedEx shipping is still being calculated during checkout. Perhaps this should be a separate option (rather than a subsection under the FedEx shipping option) with no cost so it calculates customer totals correctly?

Looking pretty good otherwise.

I'm going to look into this right now!

When I used the new form last week, it was still producing a shipping charge when I selected my self-insured FedEx account for return shipping. I like the new forms, but I can't use them until this feature gets fixed.

The beta form is completely screwed up this morning. It will not take any input without clicking and holding the mouse button while typing. Even when you get your info entered it fails to do database lookups so by the time you get to Issue Date you're dead in the water.

Using Chrome 55.0.2

Logged out-logged in, restarted computer... same results.

Have you attempted to clear your cached pages? If you hit CTRL H you can clear your cookies and cached pages. This usually helps. I'm trying to recreate what you are describing, but it is working okay for me. Please feel free to call me and perhaps we can work through it together over the phone? 941-360-3991 ext 250

I am still getting the same issue. Every time I put my mouse in the title field the drop-down opens and then closes immediately. It's constantly updating the field's focus and clearing out any inputs. There's some screwed up logic in the "focusElem($event)" function attached to that custom element.

"Have you attempted to clear your cached pages"

While that's useful to debug, you shouldn't have to tell your users to do that. If you had a build process (with Gulp, Grunt, whatever) that combined all of your application's JavaScript files into a single file and renamed it with a unique hash as a file name, then not only would your app be faster (less files = faster) whenever you updated the code you would be guaranteeing that the user would have to get the new files (a new file name = it must request the file from the server anew.) No need to clear cache! Hopefully whoever is building this already has this on their to-do list. If they don't, they should get it on that list right now.

Other feedback- please fix the tab order. Test the form with just a keyboard. You should be able to enter data and then logically tab to the next field. As it stands now, you enter data in any field and then it returns to tabindex="0." There's a lot to like about the usability of the new form, but keyboard usability is great for power users. I want to be able to do pure data-entry on these forms and getting tab order right is web development 101 (and I wrote a book that's used to teach web development 101 so, in one way, I'm actually in charge of making that call lol )

is there a reason why I am being charged for shipping (at least on the printout) for Fedex Shipping if I am using my account?
Cuz your people deserve to get screwed.

Noticed a couple things in the Pedigree field. I see a few pedigree collections in the field that are no longer recognized by CGC (Circle 8, Edenwald, Mile High II, Sherwood, Toledo, and maybe some others).

And I couldn't find Davis Crippen “D” Copy on the list.

• Administrator
is there a reason why I am being charged for shipping (at least on the printout) for Fedex Shipping if I am using my account?

I asked the same question up above. No response so far.

This is getting fixed. I answered earlier that we are fixing it. It is still being tested.

• Administrator
Noticed a couple things in the Pedigree field. I see a few pedigree collections in the field that are no longer recognized by CGC (Circle 8, Edenwald, Mile High II, Sherwood, Toledo, and maybe some others).

And I couldn't find Davis Crippen “D” Copy on the list.

Great feedback. Thank you!

is the "submission tracking" app getting re-worked right now--- i just went to check my submissions and all have them have disappeared- when i put in the order number it wont work--- or are you guys just sick of all my whining and threw all my books in the trash? (haha!)

A few items:

First, I cannot get the new form to work, it keeps pausing and then clearing entries.

Second, I also find it confounding to have to "add to cart" then add another line item. It seems a simple table would be much easier!

Third, why is there no physical address? I intensely hate using USPS and would like to use UPS Ground for my shipments (it seems silly to allow UPS for return shipments, but not for submissions?)

regards

A

I ran into an issue yesterday where the dropdowns would not hold focus or stay open. I had to hold down the mouse button, type the first few characters of the title then drag the pointer down to it once the proper title appeared. The same would happen to the other dropdown fields. Quite a pain in the butt.

This is a clean installation of Chrome and the first time using it on the new form. "Clear the cache" is not the issue. ;)

I ran into an issue yesterday where the dropdowns would not hold focus or stay open. I had to hold down the mouse button, type the first few characters of the title then drag the pointer down to it once the proper title appeared. The same would happen to the other dropdown fields. Quite a pain in the butt.

This is a clean installation of Chrome and the first time using it on the new form. "Clear the cache" is not the issue. ;)

I thought you weren't going to do any free trouble shooting for them?

I thought you weren't going to do any free trouble shooting for them?

Just trying to sub some books with the tools provided. It might be easier to use a hammer and chisel.

I hope once CGC has this completed they put out a youtube video on how to actually use it, I tried using it this morning only to end up frustrated when trying to add multiple books. I found the editable pdf to be easier, since everything was right in front of me at once.

I hope once CGC has this completed they put out a youtube video on how to actually use it, I tried using it this morning only to end up frustrated when trying to add multiple books. I found the editable pdf to be easier, since everything was right in front of me at once.

It's moving in the right direction but there are several basic workflow issues that need to be addressed (as rob_react pointed out). It is not consistent whatsoever. Whoever is doing the development on this needs to really brush up on their skillz.