• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Online Submission Form!
1 1

86 posts in this topic

I did a submission a few days ago and after I added everything to my cart and was ready to checkout it gave me the option to add prescreen,  I believe it was a checkmark box in the lower left of the checkout screen.  

14 hours ago, cbalroman said:

I did a submission a few days ago and after I added everything to my cart and was ready to checkout it gave me the option to add prescreen,  I believe it was a checkmark box in the lower left of the checkout screen.  

Thank you very much. I will give that a try on the next submission.  It is not like we need a pre-screen anyway, everything we submit is a 9.8 any way lol

On 1/17/2017 at 0:51 PM, Stronguy said:

I am still getting this issue myself. If I were running this project a bug report like this would be a blocker. I can't fill out the form in Chrome. I have to switch to Firefox. I can still get it done, but having the form not function in the latest Chrome is kind of nuts. 

Yesterday I used my phone to create an order with CGC. I was a little confused but quickly got the hang of it. I flew through an order of 25 books a lot easier than the old way I think. Less work, more accurate with dates, and lots less paper. Like the new boards, this is the new norm so embrace it. 

On the new beta system, is there a way to see the $150 credit from the elite/premier memberships used for submissions. Or maybe have a tracking system to show remaining credit/balance if partial credit was used on a prior submission.  

On 2/18/2017 at 1:58 AM, rittai said:

On the new beta system, is there a way to see the $150 credit from the elite/premier memberships used for submissions. Or maybe have a tracking system to show remaining credit/balance if partial credit was used on a prior submission.  

It doesn't show up on the form. I called because of the same issue. It's applied at the accounting level. 

On 2/13/2017 at 1:00 PM, rob_react said:

I am still getting this issue myself. If I were running this project a bug report like this would be a blocker. I can't fill out the form in Chrome. I have to switch to Firefox. I can still get it done, but having the form not function in the latest Chrome is kind of nuts. 

This issue is still broken. Hey CGC! I will fix this for you! I've been building sites for 20 years, have been a professional web developer since 1999, have written three books on web development (For WROX and O'Reilly) and have extensive Angular JS experience. I mean, not for free :roflmao:, but it doesn't look like it's going to get fixed via the regular development effort so you can hire me for a day and I can make this issue go away. I mean, I can replicate it easily enough doh!doh!:frustrated::facepalm: 

On 2/24/2017 at 8:20 PM, rob_react said:

This issue is still broken. Hey CGC! I will fix this for you! I've been building sites for 20 years, have been a professional web developer since 1999, have written three books on web development (For WROX and O'Reilly) and have extensive Angular JS experience. I mean, not for free :roflmao:, but it doesn't look like it's going to get fixed via the regular development effort so you can hire me for a day and I can make this issue go away. I mean, I can replicate it easily enough doh!doh!:frustrated::facepalm: 

OMG I just tried to do it online and almost punched my computer this new form doesn't work for mess in Chrome.

On 3/13/2017 at 6:03 PM, Iceman399 said:
On 2/24/2017 at 7:20 PM, rob_react said:

OMG I just tried to do it online and almost punched my computer this new form doesn't work for mess in Chrome.

Not working on Chrome as of last night.  Using IE feels like I'm a rebel of a grandpaw.  One or the other.

1 minute ago, Transplant said:

Not working on Chrome as of last night.  Using IE feels like I'm a rebel of a grandpaw.  One or the other.

These days you're a rebel. 

And... the form continues to be broken!  Chrome is only 30% of the web, no big deal.

(Also, CGC, I'm still available to help. I'm not joking. I do this for a living and could probably make the issue go away in a day- including getting up to speed on your codebase.) 

I submitted 10 moderns on Thursay (3/9) via online form, mailed them out on Friday (3/10).  They were received on Monday (3/13).  I got an email confirming receipt and verification the next day.

As for my credit of $150, I got an email Wednesday (3/15) that the credit was applied and my credit card was charged for the balance due.

I am very pleased with the online form and communication.

IMHO, very good uprgrade for the site.

6 minutes ago, rob_react said:

But, no big deal. 

It would be cool if an actual board member could fix it wouldn't it Rob. Very rude that no one has even responded to your offer I feel. G,T&T's is a great song too by the way.

1. It's now broken in Firefox. Awesome!

2, Actually, I now know what the problem is. Based on the fact that it's now broken in Firefox (52+) helped as Firefox 52 made a very specific change. It took me five minutes to find (against my better judgment I tested it.) It's one my biggest pet peeves in modern web development.  I literally wrote a chapter in a book about this class of mistake. 

Point your developers to this post. 

The problem is here. This test is bad:

scope.isMobile = ('ontouchstart' in window);

Why is it bad? I am on a laptop. A Windows laptop with a touch screen. In both Firefox (now) and Chrome the test ('ontouchstart' in window) will return true even though I have a mouse (and a pen and a touchpad.) Acting like I must be on a tablet or phone and only have a finger to interact with the screen is wrong.  To get this to work, I have to drag the window over to the laptop screen from my second monitor (which doesn't have touch) and then reach up to touch my laptop screen whenever I want to interact with an element. 

Buy a touch screen windows laptop to test on. 

Here's Patrick Lauke, who knows this stuff better than anyone, describing the exact same class of bug at flickr

Watch his presentation to really learn about handling the multitude of inputs on the modern web

https://patrickhlauke.github.io/getting-touchy-presentation/#Cover

Edited by rob_react
testing note

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, rob_react said:

Sigh, I emailed CGC about this and got a "it works on our machine" in response. 

So I did a screencast illustrating the issue and the cause (which is precisely what I said it was.)  Watch these from top to bottom. 

Hi!  Brittany from CGC here!  I'd like to touch on this and explain that I thanked him for his insight into this issue, and also forwarded this issue to our programmers to have it looked at.  I also said that we appreciated your help with identifying why this error is happening.