• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Online Submission Form!
1 1

86 posts in this topic

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, rob_react said:

It's true, after a little back and forth, we came to an understanding that there actually is an issue (thumbsu

I never said said there was not an issue Rob.  I acknowledge that we have used those devices and it has worked.  I believe the issue that you have brought to the table is that device coupled with firefox has presented the issue in question, which I have sent to the programmers and solution is being worked out.  It was unfair to make it seem as if I cast off your concern when you sent the email, when I actually tried to help you place an order if you were having difficulty and running into this issue.

You may not have said there was no issue (although- see below, you kinda did), the issue has been ignored by CGC for months. It's been reported as an issue in Chrome since at least December 29, 2016. I've been positing here in this feedback thread (humorously!) every few weeks since December because it's been broken. It became an issue in Firefox just recently (as I've mentioned- with the release of Firefox 52).

My frustration (and I am now frustrated) is that there was radio silence here in the feedback thread for months and then when I emailed about it to jump-start the conversation you were still skeptical that there was an issue- saying "the Windows touch laptop issue you are claiming to have solved isn't actually correct as our IT department all use those and the form still works."  

You've now got the information you need and hopefully it will get fixed. 

Thanks!

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, rob_react said:

You may not have said there was no issue (although- see below, you kinda did), the issue has been ignored by CGC for months. It's been reported as an issue in Chrome since at least December 29, 2016. I've been positing here in this feedback thread (humorously!) every few weeks since December because it's been broken. It became an issue in Firefox just recently (as I've mentioned- with the release of Firefox 52).

My frustration (and I am now frustrated) is that there was radio silence here in the feedback thread for months and then when I emailed about it to jump-start the conversation you were still skeptical that there was an issue- saying "the Windows touch laptop issue you are claiming to have solved isn't actually correct as our IT department all use those and the form still works."  

You've now got the information you need and hopefully it will get fixed. 

Thanks!

Once again Rob,

The issue you presented was the touch screen windows laptop, coupled with Firefox.  Also if you need to get in touch with us directly, the chat boards are the not the best way to do it, contacting us directly is.  I will certainly be more careful about checking these posts, but we go to many conventions and process thousands of books daily, so we aren't able to always be on top of the threads on the boards as you are able to. 

We so appreciate your humorous threads and your insight into the issue.  I'd like to thank you AGAIN for bringing it to attention, and apologize for the frustration you must certainly feel, to not be able to place an order on your laptop through firefox.

Thanks to you, we certainly do have the tools to get this solved!

Also, please refrain from posting emails on the boards, as there is a legal disclaimer in my email against that.

Have an excellent weekend!!!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, rob_react said:

Pro tip: If you can't monitor a thread specifically dedicated to soliciting feedback on a tool you're offering, then don't post a thread soliciting feedback.

Rob,

Great tip and excellent point!  I was monitoring this when we launched in December, and we have just been inundated with books since show season is in full swing.  I will shut down this thread since it is not being monitored as carefully as necessary.  I thank you for your feedback.  If you want to continue our communication, please do so over email.  bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

Have a great weekend.