• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on weird double-signed Stan Lee Iron Man #1

12 posts in this topic

Looking through some books on Comic Link I came across the below:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Diron%2Bman%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1061608

It looks like on the left signature, the pen was running out and Stan Lee had to switch pens - hence the dual signature.

I can't recall seeing one like this. Just weird. Obviously someone else thought it was nice and purchased it. But my question is, if you were standing in line to get a book signed, any book, and this happens, how would you react/handle? And how much, if at all would this impact value/desirability?

Can they just make a rule that Stan can only sign 50 comics with each pen?

It seems like every Stan sig I see now looks like the pen is running out of ink and the nib of the sharpie has been sanded down to nothing from too many signings.

Can you actually hand Stan a fresh sharpie at a signing? Is that allowed?

That book is a hot mess. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I absolutely hate those silver sharpie sigs. Many years ago, I got him to sign a book inside at the bottom of the splash page in ball point pen. Back when you didn't have to go through some body else or pay...

That book is a hot mess. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I absolutely hate those silver sharpie sigs. Many years ago, I got him to sign a book inside at the bottom of the splash page in ball point pen. Back when you didn't have to go through some body else or pay...

agree, it is ugly.

agree, it is ugly.

Spensive-fugly. :sumo:

agree, it is ugly.

Spensive-fugly. :sumo:

Terrible copy.

Can they just make a rule that Stan can only sign 50 comics with each pen?

It seems like every Stan sig I see now looks like the pen is running out of ink and the nib of the sharpie has been sanded down to nothing from too many signings.

Can you actually hand Stan a fresh sharpie at a signing? Is that allowed?

All my Stan Lee sigs are done by NYComics. Never had a problem with a bad pen.