• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 what do you think?

17 posts in this topic

I'm about one below NoMan, 6.5 to 7.0. If cleaned up a bit. If super fresh maybe a 7.5.

Biggest deduction I saw was chip from bottom right corner. It may be a lot nicer if I'm seeing surface wear that isn't really there (such large pics after all).

The large scans definitely embellish the issues with the book. I'm at a 7.0 where it sits but am sure a dry clean and press would pay off. I think you could nudge out an 8.0. Those pop tears on the right edge of the front cover may keep it at a 7.5 (after DC & P)... Is that a tear on the top left corner or just a crease?

I took the pics with a macro lense so everything is seen essentially with a microscope.

No crease on top or tears.

Yikes a dry clean and press?

How much would that run me?

For this book, I feel the benefits will far exceed the costs. If you use cfpcomics (boardie = joeypost) its $15 for dry clean and press. CCS paper (cgc affiliate) would maybe run $60 if you use the standard track. The new submission bakes CCS paper's services into the process if you wish to do so. I've used cfpcomics for numerous books but have never used CCS so can't speak to the service but those are the two pressing services most seem to use. What I like about cfpcomics is they take the finished books to CGC (not ship) after they're pressed so you save on shipping as well as the books aren't sitting around for lengthy periods.

BTW I did look up Joe Press of CFP and I live very close to his location.

I sent an email to him with a few questions but never got a reply so that doens't help me or him.

Also it would take months according to his site to get it back.

I wanted to get it to CGC as sson as possible.

BTW I did look up Joe Press of CFP and I live very close to his location.

I sent an email to him with a few questions but never got a reply so that doens't help me or him.

Also it would take months according to his site to get it back.

I wanted to get it to CGC as sson as possible.

Definitely PM him. His username is joeypost. He'll get back to you in a couple of days.