• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Signed My FOOM Poster!
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! What a pleasure meeting Steranko again, such a class act who acts like he has all the time in the world for his fans!

He was complimentary regarding Stan's signature, but said Stan took his spot on the poster. I said it was up to him whether he wanted to put his on the same side as Stan's or balance it out over on the other side. He said he liked my thinking and would balance it out. Then he held up a red sharpie and a black sharpie and said pick. I said it's up to him but he didn't lower the pens so I said black. He said of course it has to be black just like Stan's to balance it out. As far as placement, I don't think it could be any more balanced than where he put it. After a little more chit-chat, he told me to give it a good home.

Will do, Mr. S.!! 

6 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Just thinking again how lucky I was to get Stan to sign this when I did. Not to mention Steranko who is no spring chicken himself.

I have to get this framed up this year, it's a crime to keep it in my closet!

That is one of the most beautiful art pieces I've seen on these boards.  Oh yea, of course I know what the art is from, but you had the poster and got the both of them to sign it.  That propels your poster to astronomical proportions.  In a class of it's own.  If you're ever going to sell it, I'd like to be first in line for the opportunity to land it from you.  I don't expect it will ever come to that, cuz dang.... that's going to become a priceless heirloom of the woogie household, but still...…  don't forget me :) 

I bought one of the FOOM packets with that very poster, directly from Steranko himself, many many years ago. I think I paid $20 or $30 for it, and they were fresh as new. Wish I'd held onto it. I've gotten a few Steranko sigs since then, would be nice to have it on one of those.