• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT DCAU (4/18/17)
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Movie Coming In Spring 2017

147226.jpg

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will be adapted into a full-length animated film, it was officially confirmed by Warner Bros. Animation at Comic-Con during the Batman: The Killing Joke World Premiere panel.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract takes up where last year’s Justice League vs. Teen Titans left off. The storyline is being kept under wraps,

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract was a four-part New Teen Titans comic book storyline written and edited by Marv Wolfman and illustrated by George Perez. Additional artwork was done by Romeo Tanghal, Giordano, Mike DeCarlo and Adrienne Roy.

The arc began in issues #42-44 of Tales of the Teen Titans and ended with Tales of the Teen Titans Annual in 1984. The Judas Contract introduced Terra and is where Grayson took on the identity of Nightwing. The arc revealed the secret origin of Deathstroke the Terminator and closed his extended contract with the H.I.V.E.

Warner Bros also announced plans for few animated feature films for Justice League Dark, which is scheduled for release in early 2017, and Batman & Harley Quinn, coming from DC animation vet Bruce Timm. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will premiere in the spring of 2017.

And now there is a teaser poster floating around.

First Teaser Poster For The Upcoming TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT Animated Feature

QmUU0IB.png

Edited by Bosco685

Christina Ricci, Miguel Ferrer Join Voice Cast of 'Teen Titans' Animated Movie (Exclusive)

teen_titans.jpg

teen_titans_deathstroke_embed.jpg

Christina Ricci and Miguel Ferrer are voice-starring in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract, the long-awaited DC Universe animated original movie from Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

The movie, being directed by Sam Liu (Justice League vs. Teen Titans) from a screenplay by Ernie Altbacker, adapts the classic storyline from Tales of the Teen Titans, one of DC's top comics in the 1980s. Ricci will play Teen Titans member Terra and Ferrer is voicing the mercenary villain Deathstroke.

Ricci and Ferrer are newcomers to the stable of the DC animated movies, a line that celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. Titans will also see returning DC players Sean Maher, Kari Wahlgren, Jake T. Austin, Taissa Farmiga, Brandon Soo Hoo and Stuart Allan join the voice cast.

Sadly, this is Miguel Ferrer's last film as he just passed away at 61 yo.

:(

As much as people rank on the live action DC films, they more often than not hit them out of the park with their animated features.

Hopefully they have Wolfman and / or Perez as a creative consultant on this :wishluck:

Hopefully they'll reach back a bit further than 42-44 like they did with Killing Joke (even if that involved taking some liberties). Part of what makes JC so emotionally powerful was following Terra's build-up from plucky youngster to total beach which all unfolded in the year prior to the actual JC arc. Really really have my fingers crossed that this is going to rock. Ferrer was a great addition as a vocal talent, I'll really be looking forward to his contribution, especially given the recent news.

This explains why both my sets of The Judas Contract sold quickly this month.

Bummer - let them go for next to nothing :tonofbricks:

15 hours ago, Comic Appreciation said:

:foryou:

I'm sure the buyers appreciated the books.

I'm sure they did - what comes around goes around and all that. I have got lucky before, so it's just good karma that others do as well.

Cheers!

TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT Release Date, Blu-Ray Cover Art And Full Voice Cast Revealed

caAkS1k.jpg

The first trailer for the movie debuted a couple of weeks back, but now we have a press release which reveals that the film will hit digital HD, Blu-Ray/ DVD combo pack on April 18, 2017. The full voice cast (Kevin Smith will appear as himself) and synopsis are also included, along with the Blu-ray cover artwork.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

Hopefully they'll reach back a bit further than 42-44 like they did with Killing Joke (even if that involved taking some liberties). Part of what makes JC so emotionally powerful was following Terra's build-up from plucky youngster to total beach which all unfolded in the year prior to the actual JC arc. Really really have my fingers crossed that this is going to rock. Ferrer was a great addition as a vocal talent, I'll really be looking forward to his contribution, especially given the recent news.

+1

I watched it. Pretty good movie-wise. I have never read the story though. The only downside I know of is that Jericho was a major player in the original story and he is used for maybe a minute in this...they don't even mention his name.

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Anyone see it yet? It got good reviews. I am going to buy it for my brother for his birthday.

I bought the digital copy of Judas Contract. I am so glad I did.

- Great mix of original team with new members (Blue Beetle, Damian Wayne).

- Nice follow-up storyline from 'Son of Batman' between Deathstroke and Damian.

- Felt like a solid compilation of details leading from early NTT stories to Judas Contract.

- This feels like a more solid display of why Terra became such a twisted character, and why she was so loyal to Deathstroke.

- Good modernization of the characters and surroundings, as Beast Boy is a social media fanatic (I could see that) and Titan Tower is decked out with the latest surveillance and alert systems.

- Brother Blood plays a role in this story, and is just as brutal as in the early comics.

- Where some of the more recent DCAU films lost their way and became a way to just display many of the more popular characters, this to me felt like a very well packaged story that developed the characters at the same time.

- Overall Rating: 9.0/10.0, and I cannot wait for more Teen Titans.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

I bought the digital copy of Judas Contract. I am so glad I did.

- Great mix of original team with new members (Blue Beetle, Damian Wayne).

- Nice follow-up storyline from 'Son of Batman' between Deathstroke and Damian.

- Felt like a solid compilation of details leading from early NTT stories to Judas Contract.

- This feels like a more solid display of why Terra became such a twisted character, and why she was so loyal to Deathstroke.

- Good modernization of the characters and surroundings, as Beast Boy is a social media fanatic (I could see that) and Titan Tower is decked out with the latest surveillance and alert systems.

- Brother Blood plays a role in this story, and is just as brutal as in the early comics.

- Where some of the more recent DCAU films lost their way and became a way to just display many of the more popular characters, this to me felt like a very well packaged story that developed the characters at the same time.

- Overall Rating: 9.0/10.0, and I cannot wait for more Teen Titans.

I liked this movie a lot.  I didn't know much about the Titans prior to the movie and felt it a did a nice job of character development.